Any suggestions for Nassau?

chrismch

• 2 weeks later...

We were there last winter and snorkeled off a dive boat. Can't remember the name, and we didn't book it ahead But it worked out fine. When we got off the ship there was a large area full of people trying to organize excursions, sell things, etc. as well as a large info desk. There was a nice young man in a suit and tie next to the info desk on the left who had a board full of brochures. I told him what we wanted and he phoned the place and booked us in. It was a very nice trip. I think it was around $50, including equipment.) The boat had snorkelers and divers, so it may have been a dive center. It was a fairly long walk --maybe a mile and a half) from the ship but we had plenty of time, so we walked and saw other sights along the way. We could have taken a bus or cab if time was short. (I'm thinking we arrived about 10 AM and the shorkeling trip was maybe at 2pm. We had a nice lunch at a restaurant next door/above the dive shop.). I wish I remembered the name, as there are surely several dive shops. Try the travel sites and see what comes up. (PS When we got back to the port, everyone was talking about how fantiastic Atlantis is. We still had an hour, so we hopped a cab and did a quick walk through. The aquarium there is truly amazing--one of the highlights of the whole trip! Since it as late in the day, they didn't charge us to walk around the whole place.)

Hope this helps a little. Good luck.

Archived