No princess Golf Excersions for Montego Bay, need help.

TaylorMace

My wife and I are going on the Princess Western Caribbean cruise January 15th. We are going with 2 friends of ours. It is there first cruise also. 2 of us would like to play golf. It works best for us to play at Montego Bay. In my cruise personalizer I did not see any golf excersions for Montego Bay. Since this is my first cruise I was hoping to keep it simple and book my excersions through the cruise line. Oh well.

Here are my questions:

1. What courses are available at what prices?

2. What is the best way to schedule the round of golf?

Should I Call the golf course and get a tee time. Take a taxi to the course. Are there other ways to set up this excersion outside of the cruise line?

Thanks for the help.

We played Half Moon Bay a few yeaars ago on a cruise to Montego Bay. We made our own Tee Time by calling the Pro Shop prior to leaving home. We arranged our own transportation when we arrived. Just make sure you find out the cancellation policy. It is possible that you could miss the port (not likely) or be late arriving.

Princess usually has golf at the White Witch golf course which is actually run by the Ritz Carlton. WE were guests at the Ritz in November and my husband and our friend played there one day, amazing course, difficult but beautiful views at every turn. It shows up on our excursion list so maybe you want to check again.

Some ships have a "pro" on board who runs the golf simulator. I'm not sure if your ship will have someone on board or even if it has a simulator, but if there is someone you might ask what they recommend. I had a similar question about golf on Grand Princess and someone reported from the ship that although there were no official excursions, the pro could help recommend and arrange a place to play. It's worth looking into.

Archived