Booking 4 in 2 rooms (3 in one and 1 in the other)

Question...

Me, DH and daughter (will be 14) are looking to cruise with my dad next year since my mom has passed away and they went on 3 RCCL cruises a year.

I want to put myself on my dad's reservation since he has to pay for 2 people, but want to sleep in the adjoining room with my husband and daughter. Is this allowed or will there be issues? Also, will they allow a reservation for 2 people (under husband and daughter's name) to book a ocean view balcony that has a pullout couch or are those rooms only for reservations with 3+ people?

Once you are onboard, they don't care where you sleep.

You will have to check your particular sailing about whether they will allow only 2 guests to book a stateroom with a sofa bed. This restriction can change cruise to cruise.

You need to find a cruise where they will allow you to book two in a three person cabin then hope they don’t move you. Once on the ship, Royal doesn’t care who sleeps where. On our last cruise, three grands and I stayed in the JS while hubby had a balcony nearby. But we were booked three in JS and two in balcony. We didn’t even bother telling Guest Services, just gave extra $$$ to cabin stewards.

Condolences to you, your dad and family. Glad he is able to continue cruising.