Grandeur - 4 night in February

I'm contemplating taking myself on a 4-night solo cruise 2/2/06 for my 40th birthday. I'm thinking 5 days of peace and quiet with no one to answer to is a great gift. However, I'm also a little nervous.

I was on Navigator in November and I understand that Grandeur is a much smaller/older ship. I doubt I'll be disappointed.

What's the weather like in early February -- at sea and in Cozumel?

What's the average age on Grandeur?

Is there a formal night since it's a shorter cruise?

Would I be better off sitting at a larger table?

Is Windjammer open for dinner on Grandeur, as it was on Navigator?

Is there anywhere else to get snacks?

Help talk me into or out of this decision!

Well, I can't answer much, since I won't be on the Grandeur until March. But I've learned that you can eat dinner at Windjammer if you're not going to the main dining room. Room service is available 24 hours, and the solarium snack bar is open for late night snacks.

I'd go for the large table. That way you have someone to talk to in the evening, if you decide you've had enough peace and quiet for the day. You could always eat elsewhere if you prefer.

I say, fantastic way to spend a 40th birthday!

:) I am sailing solo on April 3rd and can't wait. This is the first time I'm doing this alone. I told my agent at RCCL to seat me a larger table. Enjoy your cruise and let us know how it went. I am a 48 year old male from Tampa. I want to wish all of you a Happy New Cruise Year!!!!

:) I Just got off the enchantment same class vision! thursday to mon formal night is friday cozumel was fun alot of damage but they hope to have carlos& charlies up by jan I will be their jan 7 th let u know ocean city thats down by the boardwalk right I was their 3 years ago about 30-45 min from AC right? :)

:) I Just got off the enchantment same class vision! thursday to mon formal night is friday cozumel was fun alot of damage but they hope to have carlos& charlies up by jan I will be their jan 7 th let u know ocean city thats down by the boardwalk right I was their 3 years ago about 30-45 min from AC right? :)

I know where Ocean City is, but I've never been there. I HAVE been to AC though!

We were on a 9-day cruise on the Grandeur last July (first cruise, so I am no expert :) ) but the ship is wonderful, with lots to do. We ate in the Windjammer for breakfast and lunch, but they are open for dinner and most other times! There were also snacks, etc. available on the Pool Deck. Have a great time!

• 3 weeks later...
Guest nemo2005

Any other "snack" places on the Grandeur? In this posting I see mention of the Solarium and the pool area. I think there is Ben & Jerry's, but that is extra $$. I might be good to know the snack spots, travelling with kids...

We did the Explorer in September and the Grandeur in December. Yes it is a smaller, older ship. It is much more relaxing atmosphere. The average age was 35-45. All three meals are served in the Windjammer and Burgers in the Solarium. I would go in a heartbeat. :)

Archived