Stroller Suggestions for 9 mo old

mkdawnt

Any suggestions on a stroller for a 9 month old? We have a cheap umbrella stroller that he can't really sit up in yet but should be the time we go on the cruise in 4 months. Just wondering if anyone has any suggestions on a good compact stroller.

Thanks

I can suggest a specific stroller, but we have a Maclaren that folds like an umbrella. We were able to put it under the bed, which was convenient. Ours is older and heavy, but there are some newer models that look very nice.

Less expensive are the Combi strollers available at Target online or Babies r us if you have that near you. Some of the models recline and have a small fold with a carry strap. They are recommeded on the DISboards. Check the family board forum over there for more stroller info! It's aimed at Disney World travellers, but they know all about all the models.

• 2 weeks later...

We've had a Eurotrend stroller for @1 year and really like it. It cost more than the cheap umbrella strollers ($70.00), but it has 2 recline positions which allows the baby to sleep, and has a small basket underneath. It also has long handles which helps if you're taller. Even when we're home we end up using it more than our large stroller.

I think we got ours at babies-r-us. I don't know if they still carry it:

http://www.epinions.com/pr-Baby_Trend_EuroTrend_1802

We also have a MacLaren. OUrs is a 2005 model and is super lightweight. We got the Ryder model on ebay for about $100 off of retail and it was still new in the box. When shopping for a stroller always check ebay once you have decided on a model.

I am not a big fan of the Umbrella strollers. We tried it in Europe and i find them too short (bending over alot to push them) and impractical (nowhere to store bags etc.). So that being said, we are taking our big Graco stroller for our 9 mo DD. It folds flat and is easy to store. I figure we can cover her in the sun, recline her right back when she needs to nap, Change her in there etc etc. Also, the wheels are big so it will most likely be easier in the sand to push, not like those tiny wheels on the Umbrella strollers. The Airlines and Cruise ships allow the big ones so I say...why not. Happy Cruising...

Archived