Horizon out of NYC-any chance of docking any earlier than 8am?

MegPieCruiser

Hi everyone! I'm new here though I've cruised quite a lot, I've just never run into this issue before so I'm turning to you all for help!

I am sailing out of NYC on the carnival horizon this summer. The ship gets back into NYC on Wednesday Sept 5th and due to a scheduling snafu, that is actually the same day my kids are supposed to start school (We thought we had another day but when the school schedule came out, we were surprised!)

The itinerary says we arrive at 8am on that day. We will never make it back to the kids schools in time. My questions:

1) What are the chances it docks earlier than that so we can get an earlier start?

2) how can I ensure I'm 'first off' the boat as soon as we've cleared customs? I plan to do self-assist of course, but anything else I can do? Trying to get as early a start as possible and head straight to dropping the kids at their schools! clear.png?emoji-smile-1742

thanks!

I don't believe the NYC port has a dedicated US Customs line for Global Entry yet, so that won't help. If you purchase FTTF you may be able to debark after the Diamond and Platinum self assist, otherwise you'll leave with the general self assist group.

I would plan on notifying the school that your kids will be arriving for a 1/2 day only. The other option is to cancel the cruise.

The ship can arrive back in NY in the middle of the night, but that won't affect the disembarkation time, which is usually determined by US Customs staffing.

I imagine that the mods may move this question to the general threads or your particular sailing date roll call?