RCI Laundry/Drycleaning Services

RobNC2001

I'm thinking about doing something a bit different this year when we are on the Radiance in a few days and that is packing less and relying more on the ship's laundry service. Can anyone tell me the prices for laundry, drycleaning, pressing, etc.? Any comments about how good or bad these services are?

Thanks in advance for your comments. I am always amazed at what a great source of information these boards can be.

I can't give you exact prices, but I can tell you the service is very good. It wasn't overly expensive. I think maybe $2ish to launder a shirt. I mostly have used it to press items that were very wrinkled. I remember thinking that their prices didn't seem to be much worse than my local dry cleaners. Good luck! I think it's a great idea to bring less clothes!

I'm thinking about doing something a bit different this year when we are on the Radiance in a few days and that is packing less and relying more on the ship's laundry service. Can anyone tell me the prices for laundry, drycleaning, pressing, etc.? Any comments about how good or bad these services are?

Thanks in advance for your comments. I am always amazed at what a great source of information these boards can be.

I was very pleased anytime I used them.

Are laundry services provided?

Self-Service Laundry facilities are not provided onboard any Royal Caribbean International ships; however, full laundry and dry cleaning services are provided :

SHIPBOARD LAUNDRY SERVICE

* All prices are in US. Dollars and are subject to change without notice.

MEN WOMEN Shirt/T-Shirt:$2.50Blouse:$3.50Shirt (dress):$3.00Dress (wash):$5.00Underwear:$1.20Skirt:$3.50Jeans:$3.00Nightgown:$3.00Pajamas:$4.00Swimsuit:$2.00Handkerchif:$0.75Slip:$2.50Shorts:$2.50Housecoat:$3.50Bathrobe:$3.50Hosiery:$3.50Pants (wash):$3.50Slacks:$3.50Sweatshirt:$3.00 Socks:$1.00 PRESS ONLY - 50% of cleaning prices SHIPBOARD DRY CLEANING SERVICES * All prices are in US. Dollars and are subject to change without notice.

MEN WOMAN Suit:$7.00Evening Gown:$8.00Pants:$4.25Dress$7.00Jacket:$4.50Silk Blouse:$5:00Sweater:$4.00Silk Dress:$8.00Coat:$7.00Skirt$4.50Tie:$2.00Suit:$7.50Shirt:$3.50Blouse:$4.00Shorts:$3.00Scarf:$2.50Vest$2.50 Silk Pajamas:$4.50 PRESS ONLY - 50% of cleaning prices Please note: We do not provide irons in the staterooms as they constitute a fire hazard.

When I unpacked our suitcases and saw what my husband packed (or rather all he had NOT packed :-), I knew we would be doing laundry on the ship. I gave them the clothing on Monday and it was back on Wednesday. Like other posters, I didn't think it was too expensive.

I also use the laundry services as I am not the best packer. They do a very good job either just pressing a garmet or doing the whole thing. Don't be afraid to give them a try. I think you will be quite pleased with the result.

I, too, think that it's all relative. For the "price" of not having to lug around as much baggage I would happily pay for laundry service.

I did this on a 10 day Europe trip that include a 7 day cruise on Splendour. It was in August during the horrible heat wave of 2003 when people were dying left and right from heat stroke in France. Needless to say, our clothes were sweat-soaked after each day of intensive port touring. There was NO way we could have worn an item two days in a row. I think we each sent 2 pairs of pants, a pair of shorts, and 2 shirts to the laundry and the price was very reasonable. When you consider the total cost of the vacation, the price was pretty small.

Archived