Yes...Another 12/17 Zenith Review

Airb330

Haven't been online since before the cruise! Overall, very positive experience.

Embarkation: We spent some time at the shops and Hard Rock since our flight arrived from Philly early at 8am. Boarded the ship around 12 noon. Carried our own luggage as no one took ours...? I guess no one was outside when we arrived. Staff took it once we stepped onboard the ship. Pretty smooth.

Room: Nice room, 9091 OV. The violinist was right next to us which was cool...I guess the entertainers don't get suites!. Great location for the pool, buffet, etc. Nice to just use the aft stairs on the outside of the ship. I don't think we had new carpet, etc. It was faded and the carpet had a lot of stains. It was fine, but odd since I expected new carpet on the 9th deck. The beds were pretty hard! I woke up with numb arms a few times. I can only imagine elderly people sleeping on them...ouch.

Ship: Great ship. Of course I can't compare it to anything else haha. It was actually bigger than I thought it would be. I loved the aft areas and how we could see the wake. Pool area was OK, but really windy the last 2 days as it got colder. Yeah, the ship did move a bit the last few days, but it wasn't too bad. We could really feel the movement in the bathroom...maybe because the room is smaller? My stepdad and I just generally hung around the pool all day and relaxed. I really liked how a RCI ship followed close to us a few nights, it was beautiful to look at on the ocean.

Entertainment: Decent. I'm not a broadway person and neither is my stepdad, but the shows were good. The comedian and magician were entertaining as well. It's not like there was anything better to do!

Food: It was good. I didn't care for the buffet too much. I just didn't care for most of the food out there, but everything I did like tasted great. Waffles were excellent :). The dining room was good too. Valen was a great waiter as far as I'm concerned. We did skip formal night and went to the 'casual dining' which was excellent. Our steak was so tasty. It was rubbed in something and was just delicious. Our tablemates were great as well. Very enjoyable experience IMO.

Grand Cayman: 4th group off. We took Soto tours for snorkeling and the stingray city sandbar. I think almost everyone was from the Zenith with the HORRIBLE YELLOW BEACH TOWELS! Those things left nasty lint all over our bodies and swimsuits....I was actually pi**ed about those things. I'm pretty sure NMNita and her wedding posse was on this tour, well at least some wedding party was anyway. We had a lot of fun on this excursion and then had some drinks at the Hard Rock and shopped.

Key West: Cold, as was the last 2 days of the trip. We did a lot of walking. Never knew KW was so hippy-ish. Bongs everywhere haha. It did feel like the island was moving a bit, since the night before the ship was moving a bit. :rolleyes:

Disembarkation: Orange color which met in the Fleet bar. It went smooth.

We had a lot of fun for 300pp! I'd cruise X again as it was very relaxing. I'm looking forward to RCI for a bit more activities and a larger ship though. Even our flights went smooth, which is honestly a first in my 20 years of life! On-time and no problems, props to American Airlines and Celebrity for a very relaxing vacation.

Thanks for the review. I called Celebrity last week to ask about the cat 8 ocean views with the life boats in front of them (or are they below or what?) and was told they all said 60.6% obstructed. Please tell me what you could see from your window. Thanks.

Hi, glad you enjoyed your cruise. I am sailing on Zenith 3/11 and am trying to decide between taking the Soto tour to snorkel with the rays or just do some snorkelling on the off-shore reefs. I have read that the snorkelling at Eden Rock, within walking distance of the ship dock, is very good. Would you recommend Soto highly -- was it worth it in your opinion? Thanks in advance for any advice. (Guess I better buy a yellow swimsuit!!:) )

Dog,

We were in cabins 9087,9088,9089 on 12/17. All had obstructed views and could not see around the life boats. We could see over and under them, to some limited degree. It was nice to have the outside light to get a feel what time it was.

To any and all that has sailed on the Zenith lately......It has been a while since my last sailing on the Zenith and I was wondering if they have added a Specialty Restaurant on board ????

I have dined at the Specialty Restaurants on other Celebrity ships and found them to be well worth the extra cost.

I would appreciate a response from any one that might know, if they did add one to the Zenith.

Thanks.......MOT NEIL ( Phila.)

Hi, Zenith does not have a "Specialty Restaurant". The only ships

that offer them are the M-Class.

Century will have one added to her after her major overhaul

in May 2006.

Archived