Shore Excursioneer/Dune Buggies/ZoomZoom Tours

eh24fan

We cruised on the Pride 04/01 - 04/08 this year and we were looking for a dune buggy tour on Grand Turk that would allow my 11yr old son to go along. The Carnival tour had an age requirement of 12 yrs old for some ridiculous reason, yet when we were there in 2010 my then 9yr old son went on the Carnival tour. ANYWAY --

We decided to book through Shore Excursioneer because my younger son would be allowed to go with us, not to mention it was much cheaper than the ship tour. We had no idea who our tour provider would be until I got the confirmation information. We ended up with ZoomZoom.

The tour went well, the dune buggies have seen better days, but we certainly weren't expecting pristine! We were ready for fun, off road adventure, not a leisurely drive on the island roads. We got what we were expecting. LOL Our tour guide was so much fun and really allowed us to have some fun with the buggies. We were a group of 8, ranging in age from 11yrs old to over 70 yrs old. Sure, the buggies have seen better days, we didn't have helmets (no issue for us, it was hot!!!), the brakes were more of a suggestion than an actual function (honestly, the torque of the engine when you let off the accelerator was MORE than enough to slow you down, brakes weren't really necessary in most cases). The best part? WE HAD FUN! We saw the island, we went offroading, we stopped at a beach for photos and some history, at the end we were given ice cold water. Would we use them again? Yup. In fact, my husband and I are cruising in 2020 on an itinerary that takes us back to Grand Turk and he has already asked if we could book with them again. LOL

If you are looking for pristine, pretty dune buggies with all the latest features, helmets and racing harnesses, this is NOT the group for you. If you are looking for a fun day without all the bells and whistles and 20 other people, then this IS the group for you. It was just our group of 8 in 4 buggies. We saw a couple ship tours and were grateful we were booked where we were.