Pride of America - Our first Hawaii Cruise - Excursions???

vmbaskets

We are planning our first cruise on Norwegian Pride of America. Need help booking excursions. We are flying in a few days early and need help as to where and how to book excursions. This is all new to us so any help at all would be much appreciated. Can I get tickets directly from Pearl Harbor and what would a taxi cost? Also, is Diamond Head a must see or do you recommend a different volcano elsewhere? What about luaus - would like recommendations. Looking forward to hearing all your advise. Lots of details PLEASE

We are sailing POA on June 16. I am trying to find out how long the cruise of the Napali Coast takes...when it starts and ends so we can plan a special dinner that evening for our 50th Anniversary...any one able to help?

We are planning our first cruise on Norwegian Pride of America. Need help booking excursions. We are flying in a few days early and need help as to where and how to book excursions. This is all new to us so any help at all would be much appreciated. Can I get tickets directly from Pearl Harbor and what would a taxi cost? Also, is Diamond Head a must see or do you recommend a different volcano elsewhere? What about luaus - would like recommendations. Looking forward to hearing all your advise. Lots of details PLEASE

We are sailing for the first time with POA on June 16, when are you sailing? It is my understanding that Pearl Harbor is best done on a tour as they get priority...not confirmed, but what I have read. it is reachable by bus, but if you go it alone, best be REALLY early. Info can be found on google. No purses, backpacks, etc on Arizona allowed.

Diamond head is not active if that is a must see. we plan to go. On Oahu plan to go to either Paradise cove, or Chiefs. Both info on google. Hope your trip is awesome! We are really looking forward to experiencing Hawaii

Aloha! I live on Oahu and my husband and I did the POA in 2015.

For your Oahu plans, the Arizona memorial at Pearl harbor is free as well as many of the surrounding exhibits. You can go in the morning and get tickets or you can reserve them online the day before for a 1.50 service charge. Not sure how much a can is, but there is also the bus which is inexpensive and we also have Uber and Lyft here. Diamond Head is a good hike with nice views however for the "volcano" aspect I'd wait and go to the active volcano on big island where there's steam vents and sulfur banks and active lava in the caldera by Jagger meuseum. Diamond Head (or any of the cinder cones on Oahu) is not an active volcano so it's a much different experience.

For luaus we have been to and enjoyed both paradise cove and Germaine's on Oahu. Paradise cove is in the best spot for sunsets and has a lot of activities going on before the show. Germaine's is much more relaxed and we enjoyed getting to know the people sitting by us. Haven't been to any of the other luaus either on Oahu or the other islands but would do either of the two we've done again, we generally take visitors to Paradise Cove.

Generally most people rent cars in each port and do their own thing. Other than boat tours (snorkeling or coastline viewing etc) there's little reason to book anything but a car rental in the different ports.

Cruisingrands- while I don't remember exactly how long the napali sailby is, you will likely be doing the second pass until sunset. So I'd suggest doing an early dinner right as the ship leaves port OR schedule it for just after sunset (I'm a big fan of Hawaiian sunsets so wouldn't recommend missing that either.) Sunset in June should be about 7:25 so perhaps 7:45 or later as sometimes the clouds put on the best show AFTER the sun has set.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Forums mobile app