Booking the Encore - Cruise Next Vouchers, etc - QUESTIONS

I am taking the kids on a cruise next December for Christmas. We do this every year. The December 15th sailing is right around a month after she gets to the states. PERFECT TIMING! I think this would be awesome for them... and me!

A buddy and myself are going on a cruise in a couple of days upon the Norwegian Getaway and I am thinking of getting the CruiseNext vouchers.

Ok, so what is the best way to go about this? To double up the vouchers I have to get a balcony or above so balcony it is. We don't mind interior because we are almost NEVER in the room.

Should I book on the ship? Since it's over a year and a half away, should I book now or wait and see if they have better promotions? Should I book through Priceline or direct through NCL (sometimes i book through Priceline because they will double OBC or offer other benefits that trump the current offerings of NCL)?

All in all, I'm just trying to figure out what the smartest way to book this one is. Up until this year I've usually booked my cruises a couple of months out, but I'm starting to book them further out.

Ok. Opinions, thoughts, advice..... Thanks guys!

You said you don't mind insides but you are going to do a balcony just to use the double cruise next voucher? Isn't the balcony upgrade more than the savings you get from the 2nd voucher?

so from what i was seeing online, it seemed that the balcony was either $200 or $150 more than the interior. i may be wrong. but if thats the case, with the discount for getting the vouchers, if i can use 2 then the value is there for me to have the balcony vs interior.

but you're right. if it is a huge price difference, i need to see if the value is there for me personally.

Huh - I have never seen them that close. Is that per person or accounting for everyone in the cabin?

you're right. i was looking at the oceanview over the balcony. The balcony is $350 more than the interior.

hmmmm there are 4 of us. it may even be cheaper to get 2 interiors or something.

ok, so same question. book on the ship or via priceline or via ncl directly, etc? any other opinions?

If you book on the ship you can sometimes get a small price break (they might run the promo where you can pay for the lowest level inside but get one in a better location). I've never booked a cruise via priceline - do they charge fees if you need to cancel? I use a TA but not a big box one.