Silk flower bouquets pic?

tamiflood

Anyone out there mind sharing a few pics of their SILK flower bouquets. I am a bit skeptical about silk flowers, but heard that some can look as good as the real ones. I would appreciate all the help I can get. Please feel free to send me pics at: tamifloodd@yahoo.com or you can simply leave a link in your post. I really appreciate it!

Tami

Here is photo of the wedding party with our silk flowers.

http://community.webshots.com/photo/458818268/458818268NZeHsN

I chose something very non-traditional. But they looked wonderful and no one would have known we did not use fresh flowers. We all have a beautiful keepsake from the wedding and, as a bonus, they didn't cost us anything at all! I am fortunate to have a very talented sister who made these bouquets, which only makes them more special.

I am sure you'll be able to find something you'll be very happy with.

brides-babes-blues.jpg.159633f6a66319fcb706059fbafc1427.jpg

Tami - We were married onboard RCCL's Jewel of the Seas while in port at Key West. We sailed from Ft. Lauderdale, but since all of our guests sailed with us, we opted not to do an embarkation day ceremony. The plan was to get married on shore, but when our guest list grew to over 50 :eek: we decided transporting everyone would be a nightmare. Instead the ceremony and reception were in the same lounge onboard. It ended up being just great. We simply packed the flowers and carried them onboard with no problems.

Where and when are you planning your big day?

We are getting married on July 6, 2006 on the Victory out of NYC. We are transporting all of our guest there from Philadelphia. (I am in a suburb, just outside of Philly). All of our guest are sailing with us as well. It kinda sucks, because I would rather get married at sea, but this is not available as part of the Canadian sailing to Nova Scotia.

We got engaged on the Triump, while sailing to Nova Scotia, and decided it might be okay to repeat this venture. I have personally been on this same cruise TWICE before (guess the 3rd time is a charm). We are going to honeymoon after the cruise is over, so the short 4 day cruise works well for me.

I have been on about 6 domestic and international cruises total , so I'm more excited about the journey than the destination.

Can I ask you how your guest handled the wedding gift situation. I undertsand that no packages can come aboard...

Thanks for your help!

Tami

Tami -

No one brought a gift. Most everyone mailed a gift to our home -- either themselves or via our bridal registries. A few brought cards (and checks!) but no actual gifts.

We did a pre-cruise newsletter that explained the details of our wedding, plus some tips for first time cruisers. Since it pretty much explained that anything brought onboard needed to clear security, I guess people got the idea not to bring it. Besides, since they were all sailing with us, they figured out pretty quickly that we'd have no room to store gifts during the voyage. Besides, do you think folks will really want to cart a gift along with luggage and everything else all the way from Philly? I bet it won't be too much of a problem.

And it sounds like it will be really fun cruise. One the highlights with our big group was that we arranged to be seated together for dinner each night. Everyone did their own thing during the day, but we got to catch up at dinner each night. We also arranged for to meet for cocktails at a different bar/lounge each night as another informal get together. That way we got to hear about everyone's adventures -- which was generally a riot.

But I am glad to hear you are taking a "real" honeymoon after the cruise. While we LOVED having everyone sail with us, we were exhausted when we got home. We were quite happy to spend another a cruise a few months later all by ourselves. :D

Archived