Just Off Norwegian Breakaway (June 7 - June 16) Thoughts

JMsquared

I can help for St. Petersberg who had an non-NCL tour in the June 7th cruise

As one of the plebes, we got a letter in our stateroom on Berlin day saying if you have independent tour you had to make a reservation (under entertainment) for a specific group (A-H, maybe more) to enter the theater. I am not sure how many were in each group. By the time I went to a screen, Group A was booked, and I was able to book our family for group B.

They started letting the groups into the theater around 8am. By the time we got there, they looked like they were checking cards to verify you were in the current group, but the terminals were empty, so any group you had a reservation for could enter. It was almost like they realized it was taking more time to check everyone's reservation than just letting people enter.

They were filling up the theater once section at a time. So one section would be leaving by row, while the others were filling up by row. It was pretty organized in that regard, and I think we were in the theater about 15-20 minutes before we were allowed to go out. We were in the middle section, and the right section was exiting when we sat, than the right section got to go, than us.

Still took a good amount of time once we got to customs. I think we got to the SPB buses just before 9.

I imagine they will change to procedures again for how you enter the theater, but the rest seemed to go pretty smooth

tmq800, the cruise port in Tallinn is a 20-minute walk to the old town. They have taxi's and pedicabs at the pier if you don't want to walk, but if it's not raining it's a pretty easy stroll. Besides, there really isn't more than a couple hours worth of things to do in the old town so the walk will help burn off calories from all the eating.

Here is a picture of the ship at port from St. Olaf's tower which should give you a little more perspective. Not pictured and a little more to the right in the old town, is the main shopping area and there are taxis there if you want to get a ride back.

1215185554_Tallinnviewofboat.thumb.JPG.f00869429fbdace5f7e71c7c487896e9.JPG

• 1 month later...
Were there any discounts for a bag of laundry during the cruise? Thank you for your response.

Yeah, they left the flyer in our room on the sea day and picked up the bag on Tallin day. I think they would return the laundry on the Wednesday (Hellsinki) of the cruise.

Yeah, they left the flyer in our room on the sea day and picked up the bag on Tallin day. I think they would return the laundry on the Wednesday (Hellsinki) of the cruise.

Thanks for the info. Very useful for our planning and having enough clean underwear (too much information). Sail on August 18 out of Copenhagen.