Symphony of the Seas Review / Rome Embarkation / Crown Loft Suite

The Symphony cruises in the Western Med have just 1 sea day--the day after Naples, before Barcelona. It is day 3 for Rome embarked passengers, and day 7 for Barcelona passengers.

The main dining room will serve lunch only on Saturday for most of the 7 day Med cruises.

Barb

We booked out of Rome as well and did’t realize it wasn’t the start of the cruise either. We go in September.

I wrote a thread about why we absolutely loved embarking in Civitavecchia. You can read it to get a second opinion :). It’s called

“Why Civitavecchia embarkation is totally awesome”. I apologize, I just don’t know how to link it in the app.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I wrote a thread about why we absolutely loved embarking in Civitavecchia. You can read it to get a second opinion :). It’s called

“Why Civitavecchia embarkation is totally awesome”. I apologize, I just don’t know how to link it in the app.

this link should work to your thread: “Why Civitavecchia embarkation is totally awesome”.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2663563

I’d like to add that thanks to this review I was well aware of the different issues with boarding in Civitavecchia and so I wasn’t surprised when, for instance, there was no sail away party, as my expectations were adjusted before boarding. Thank you, OP, for the heads up, it definitely helped my cruise experience :). While I absolutely loved boarding in Civitavecchia, I think it’s problematic and even deceptive that Royal doesn’t make it clear that there is a “main cruise” and a “secondary” cruise and instead sells them as equals.