Review of Baltic 12 night on Navigator, 6/15-6/27/18

An excellent and informative review. We were on the same cruise and in fact we were on the same shore trip in St Petersburg. (I apologise that the back of my partners head seems to have found its way into some of your pictures. ) the shore trip packed so much into the two days that could not have been done with bigger groups. You have not commented on the entertainment side which we found to be mediocre with the exception of the ice show. If only the singers and dancers could make it look like they were enjoying themselves as much as this ice dancers did!

PS what did your husband think of the price of Lego in Skagen?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Wow, didn't know there were other cruise critic folk with us there, it seemed like most everyone on the roll call was looking into private tours! I'm glad we went with that tour, though.

As for entertainment, we've been on the Navigator a couple of times and had seen a few of the shows prior. We weren't impressed enough then to see them again on this trip, except for the ice show - that's always fun. I do wish Royal would rotate the shows on their ships a little more frequently. Guess I just need to try more of their other ships!

We did watch the Confusionist which was just ok and my husband dislikes ventriloquists so we skipped that. What he did really enjoy was watching the Vendettas play. They were a cover band that played most nights in the Star Lounge. I had trouble understanding one of the comedians (he talked really fast with an accent and I may have been drinking), so I'd have to agree that the entertainment really wasn't a hit with us.

We did try the 8pm trivia most nights, but it seemed pretty disorganized (like some of the other games/trivia we tried throughout the trip). They gave completely wrong answers to some questions and at least one night the questions and answers were in different order so it was very confusing. If you want to try the nightly trivia, it pays to have a mix of British and American members on your team. Questions leaned British, but there were definitely some that we helped out with (who was the 41st US president, for example).

As for the Lego prices in Skagen- they were about 20% higher than our prices in the States (after factoring currency conversion), so we didn't buy any.

Another comment on the activities - has anyone done the "Royal Mystery" by Puzzle Break? It was held on Day 3 and sounded like it would be an Escape Room sort of thing. Now, we've never done an Escape Room and this was free, so we thought we'd give it a try. I don't know if it's normal to give 0 instructions as to what is happening? It was held in the Star Lounge and each team got a packet and they told us that we were trying to determine who did the crime. Then we were told we had an hour to figure it all out. They did point out that there were clues around the room.

We figured out several of the puzzles, but even after they announced whodunit, we were scratching our heads trying to figure out how we were supposed to get that answer. So...mixed feelings on that activity. It was fun solving the puzzles we understood but frustrating because we weren't exactly sure how to add up the pieces.

Another comment on the activities - has anyone done the "Royal Mystery" by Puzzle Break? It was held on Day 3 and sounded like it would be an Escape Room sort of thing. Now, we've never done an Escape Room and this was free, so we thought we'd give it a try. I don't know if it's normal to give 0 instructions as to what is happening? It was held in the Star Lounge and each team got a packet and they told us that we were trying to determine who did the crime. Then we were told we had an hour to figure it all out. They did point out that there were clues around the room.

We figured out several of the puzzles, but even after they announced whodunit, we were scratching our heads trying to figure out how we were supposed to get that answer. So...mixed feelings on that activity. It was fun solving the puzzles we understood but frustrating because we weren't exactly sure how to add up the pieces.

Have not participated in this activity but have in the past enjoyed the Murder Mystery Dinners. Unfortunately RCCL never change the scenarios so it is the same characters and plot every trip.

Re Lego we too found the prices to be far more expensive than the UK so did not purchase any sets despite being in Lego’s homeland!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We were also there that night and I agree, there were very little in terms of instructions given. We've done a couple of these puzzle break things (separate from escape rooms we've also done), so I have some experience with the types of puzzles included. We made friends with a nice couple sitting next to us, which was good, because you really did need 6-8 people as they suggested. But the end did end up being completely confusing and we still have no idea what the true answer even was? It was a fun activity, but a bit of a frustrating ending.