Swimming with Dolphins

Shoppie124

We are looking at excursions and thought swimming with dolphins sounded fun.

We are going to Belize, Honduras, Cozumel and Costa Maya. Which dolphin adventure is better?

Also, do they let you take pictures or do you have to buy pictures from them?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We swam with dolphins in Roatan The excursion was dolphin swim & snorkel. It was at a private resort, and the dolphins were very well cared for. The swim was in a natural cove, not a swimming pool like the swim @ Costa Maya.

You couldn't take pictures during the encounter. They would sell pictures packages for that. But we were allowed to take pictures during the portion when the dolphins were doing tricks.

My family and I plan on doing the Dolphin Swim & Snorkel as well. Were you very satisfied with the experience? What was the cost for the pictures they take? We will be 4 people (Myself, Wife, 2 boys 14 & 11). Is there any advice you could give me to make this extra special. Thanks

We did the NCL dolphin excursion in Roatan too. Everything about it was perfect! They take you to a resort called Anthony's Key. It's beautiful and you can tell the dolphins are treated really well. The pictures they take are amazing. I can't remember the exact cost but I didn't think it was too bad. There is a little gift shop too.

We did the NCL dolphin excursion in Roatan too. Everything about it was perfect! They take you to a resort called Anthony's Key. It's beautiful and you can tell the dolphins are treated really well. The pictures they take are amazing. I can't remember the exact cost but I didn't think it was too bad. There is a little gift shop too.

Thank you!

I believe there was a price for 3 pictures, maybe $25. Then a price for all, maybe $75. I believe it varied by the number of people in your party.

I came away from this excursion feeling that the dolphins were treated very well. They were living at the resort by choice with opportunities to visit the ocean. There were even babies.

If you look up Anthony's Key you may be able to find the prices for the photo packages.

• 2 months later...

I see that posts to this thread are pretty old.....I am wondering if anyone has a more current experience.  I am interested in swimming with dolphins in October 2019 and want the best experience.  There are so many offered in different ports.