Booking events - upon boarding or prior to travel

Hi all,

We'll be going on our first cruise in April 2019, on Oasis of the Seas. From what I've read it seems that we will be given a Cruise Compass upon boarding, and if you want to reserve a seat at a show / event, you need to call/speak to guest services to register. Is this correct? I mean, the on board theatre has way fewer seats than the number of passengers on the ship, so I assume these are at a premium. This would mean making all reservations in one go, right at the start of the cruise? Is this correct, or do you need to do this prior to travelling?

Thanks in advance

Hi all,

We'll be going on our first cruise in April 2019, on Oasis of the Seas. From what I've read it seems that we will be given a Cruise Compass upon boarding, and if you want to reserve a seat at a show / event, you need to call/speak to guest services to register. Is this correct? I mean, the on board theatre has way fewer seats than the number of passengers on the ship, so I assume these are at a premium. This would mean making all reservations in one go, right at the start of the cruise? Is this correct, or do you need to do this prior to travelling?

Thanks in advance

On Oasis class ship you can book a show (not a seat but time) so the best will be to book it ahead of time so it will be per your other plans.

To book a show you just need to go tot he cruise planner after you log on to the RC site.

Usually show and other events are becoming available to book between 120 to 60 days , so you want to check from time to time and see if they are available ,

You can not reserve seat but you can come 30 minutes before the show start and find yourself a good seat.

Enjoy your cruise

Try to find copies of Cruise Compasses on this forum for your itinerary. They can give you an idea when the shows have been scheduled in the past. If you have My Time Dining, you can usually reserve dining times before show times are released. So looking at old compasses can give you an idea when you might want to make dining reservations to fit around the shows. It's best to make reservations for all the shows, but you don't really need them for Cats as it seems not all that popular. You likely won't get into the Comedy Club without reservations if that's important. So they are a "must" for the Comedy Club. The other shows open up to "standby's" about 10 minutes or so prior to the show. So if you have reservations, you can get in 30 minutes early. If not, you get in line and hope for room. So best to make reservations as soon as they open on line.