White Noise - Cruise virgins Part 2

2VV

I work nights and a fan is a must to get me asleep. Will carnival and the airlines allow a small fan ( 8 inches in diameter) to be taken in luggage. First time flying and cruising so I dont know. ALso what is in the rooms? I assume a TV but is there a small radio or CD player or something. Do the bathooms have hair dryers? And coffee pots? We are on the Fantasy 2-05-06. Thanks in advance for the replies. Also on a serious note, is the sun deck top optional? Not perverted here, wife wants to know.

Arrghh, board troublems again--saw "Fantasy" just as I hit the post reply button, having a hard time with edit function. Try this again: Small fan OK by both cruise and airline. Most TV's have music channel, but its not a real radio, more like a Musak channel. No coffee pots, but coffee available 24/7 via buffet and room service at no extra charge. Do tip the delivery person if you use room service. No hair dryer on Fantasy. Not sure about the topless deck, but try searching on those two words in the Carnival forums.

there is a topless sundeck on the fantasy.....hairdryers are in the rooms...i also sleep with a fan at home everytime but have no problem on the ship getting to sleep with the ac and there is a constant low noise from the ship that puts me straight to sleep....if you need coffe there is plenty of places to get in all over the ship or just pick up the phone and it will be right there....the fantasy was great i got engaged on it!!!!!!! have fun

hairdryers are in the rooms...
Hmm, I based my reply on this, from Carnival FAQ page--but if you have been on it and know for certain otherwise...

spacer.gifDo I need to pack my Hair Dryer?spacer.gifA hair dryer is provided in the bathroom (Destiny, Triumph, Victory) or at the desk/vanity in the stateroom (Spirit, Pride, Legend, Conquest, Glory, Miracle, Valor). Hair dryers are not provided in the staterooms of all other ships.

is the sun deck busy with onlookers snapping pics or somewhat secluded?

There is a sign leading up to the topless area saying "no cameras or video cameras allowed"

I have heard about lurkers...:eek: but I don't know how much of a problem that it really is...No one wants me up there!! LOL

Archived