Scenic boat tours - Marseille

ronu

I would imagine a lot of boat tours stop in October as it is the end of season. We spent 3 days in Marseille last March and took a boat trip from the Vieux Port to Ile de Frouelle and had a delicious Mediterranean lunch in one of the seafront restaurants. We were very lucky with the weather, but November can sometimes be rainy in November.

The boat was a ferry, so didn’t need to be booked in advance. I think it cost about $11 return.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

As above, most likely the only boat/ferry trip of interest to tourists which will still be running will be the one which serves the islands and the Chateau d'If. It won't run if the weather is poor and not at all on Mondays.

Check the official Chateau d'If website for info and some background to this fort, as it is an interesting enough visit if you know some of the history.

For a very interesting take on Marseille, watch Anthony Bourdain, Parts Unknown, Season 6, Eprisode 2. It is available on Netflix.
Didn't realize he did an episode there. I don't have/never used Netflix. Hopefully I can find it elsewhere. Thanks!

Sent from my SM-G930T using Forums mobile app