Are Tamarind and Sel de Mer ever open for lunch?

Caribbean Chris

We have not sailed on Konigsdam, but have sailed some of the other HAL ships for years. I know Pinnacle Grill is offered for lunch sometimes. Just booked a Caribbean sailing on the N. Statendam for April, and I’m wondering if lunch in these other specialty restaurants might be an option.

Tamarind hasn't been open for lunch on any ships for a few years now, and the SdM was not when we were on in Nov '16 at least.   Canaletto never has been AFAIK. The Nieuw Statendam is supposed to have a new venue called Club Orange where the K-dam has the America's Test Kitchen, and believe that it's going to be open for breakfast and lunch.

correction: the article says breakfast and dinner, not lunch, and you either have to be in a Neptune Suite or purchase a pass.

https://www.cruisecritic.com/news/news.cfm?ID=8935&source=99360

Try the Grand Dutch Cafe for lunch! 

Edited by jtl513

Thanks for the good background on Tamarind and Sel de Mer. I don’t like to eat a lot in the evening hours, but knowing they probably won’t open for lunch makes me more inclined to go ahead and book an early dinner reservation.

Thanks for the link - I saw that Cruise Critic article recently on their Facebook feed. I guess we’ll find out what the suite connection will be once on board since HAL ‘s not promoting this Club Orange yet anywhere. We do like Luminae and Michael’s Club on Celebrity and almost always book suites on X as a result. 

Edited by Caribbean Chris