Star Hotel Lisbon

Not until April so have plenty of time.  I've made a one night reservation at the above hotel post cruise due to flight times.  I know it's at/near the airport, but......how do I get there?  I understand taxis at the port are not abundant.  Any hints?  Not looking to save $$$ by using public transportation.  Would just like to know with whom to obtain a reliable booking.

PIA1913

Uber is available in Lisbon and very responsive as an alternative to cabs. Just load/use the app on your cell phone. It will still be around what a cab costs $30E to the airport. Just have some sort of street address for your hotel.  Cab availability will vary depending on the cruise terminal you will be leaving from. I would agree that if you were leaving from the older Alcantara terminal closer to the bridge, that place is rather sleepy but the cabs seem to know when ships are there. I remember the cabs would wait somewhere near the roundabout in front of the terminal building, there are spurs off it where cars can park. There was very limited car access in front of the old terminal building . The circle is maybe 30 yards in front of it.

If you are leaving from the newer Lisbon Cruise Terminal (which is replacing the former Sta. Apolonia terminal about 1 long block away) there is a very nice new taxi rank to the far right side of the building if you were standing in front of the building exits . They may very well queue in front too. In September 2018 we saw people being dropped off right in front. The new cruise terminal building is set back from that main street in front and is designed for better auto circulation. The new terminal building has a web site under construction www.lcp.pt.  I imagine before you leave it will be more functional with a site map showing a taxi rank.  I would imagine by April 2019 the older terminal building at Sta. Apolonia will stop being used - however because its directly across the street from the S.A. train station there is a taxi rank there too. 

Your shore excursion guide may also offer an airport transfer option too.

1 hour ago, grnrab said:

PIA1913

Uber is available in Lisbon and very responsive as an alternative to cabs. Just load/use the app on your cell phone. It will still be around what a cab costs $30E to the airport. Just have some sort of street address for your hotel.  Cab availability will vary depending on the cruise terminal you will be leaving from. I would agree that if you were leaving from the older Alcantara terminal closer to the bridge, that place is rather sleepy but the cabs seem to know when ships are there. I remember the cabs would wait somewhere near the roundabout in front of the terminal building, there are spurs off it where cars can park. There was very limited car access in front of the old terminal building . The circle is maybe 30 yards in front of it.

If you are leaving from the newer Lisbon Cruise Terminal (which is replacing the former Sta. Apolonia terminal about 1 long block away) there is a very nice new taxi rank to the far right side of the building if you were standing in front of the building exits . They may very well queue in front too. In September 2018 we saw people being dropped off right in front. The new cruise terminal building is set back from that main street in front and is designed for better auto circulation. The new terminal building has a web site under construction www.lcp.pt.  I imagine before you leave it will be more functional with a site map showing a taxi rank.  I would imagine by April 2019 the older terminal building at Sta. Apolonia will stop being used - however because its directly across the street from the S.A. train station there is a taxi rank there too. 

Your shore excursion guide may also offer an airport transfer option too.

Thank you grnrab for your all encompassing response.  I now know what to do.  Hopefully the new terminal will be the one for our arrival.