Celebrity Cruise Paris Shore Excursion

mary0

We will be on the Celebrity Reflection and looking at the Paris shore excursions from Le Havre. We have never been to Paris before and will only be there for maybe only 4 or 5 hours. Thinking about 'Paris Sightseeing without Lunch' which includes Seine River cruise or 'A Taste of Paris' which includes sights and a couple of hours on our own. Which tour will we see more of Paris? Do you know if we will just be riding past the sights on a bus or walking?  We are fine with walking. If anyone has any information or has experienced these tours, I would appreciate your feedback.

I will be on the Reflection next Sept w/ a similar scenario. What we've decided to do is take the Ship's Paris on Your Own excursion which is basically just transportation to/from Paris since it's so far from the port. Once in Paris we'll do the Hop On Hop Off Bus Tour which takes about 2 1/2 hours to drive around all the sites with earphones providing a running commentary on what you're seeing. This will also give us some time to get off and walk around at various sites and maybe get something to eat. That way we can basically see the sites on our own schedule w/in the time constraints of the ship's transportation to and from Paris. If you decide to go that route, just so you know, we bought the excursion during a Celebrity sale for $99/person.

https://www.hop-on-hop-off-bus.com/paris/introductory-hop-on-hop-off-tour-of-paris_27146

I was only to Paris once.  And I opted for the Celebrity tour with the cruise that includes lunch.  I'm glad I did.  Because of travel time, Paris makes for a long day, and you will need to eat at some point. I thought about doing the transportation only one, but decided against it.  While I was not able to do any interior visits, I did get a great overview of the city and thought I saw a lot.  There was a stop at the Eiffel Tower and you  were able to walk around and also do some ahopping.

If this is the only shot you have of visiting Paris, I’d suggest the ‘without Lunch’ and see as much as you can. Grab a snack. 

But personally, I’d wait to visit Paris for a longer time. We did a tour for 6 days. Stayed in one hotel and good tours around. Busing there and back leaves little time to see much but a few highlights. If this is the only shot give it a go. Either tour would work. 

When we didn’t go, we took a taxi over to Honfluer, a beautiful smallish town that many Expressionist painters worked up. Fantastic place to wander through. 

Hope me this isn’t a downer. Paris, even a short time, is great. 

Den