Cayman Island Snorkel Help

Sir Coslo of the 7 Seas

We will be in Georgetown Grand Cayman on a cruise through RCCL and need to know if anyone has done the Reef and Wreck Snorkel or the Spanish Bay Reef Resort the resort faces the North Wall (is it close to the beach or a long swim?) Please help we are leaving January 22 please let us know by the 19th if you can help

Thanks

My wife and I did the Reef & Wreck snorkel when we were last in GC in 2000. It was a very enjoyable activity.....Hamburger reef was very beautiful...the water crystal clear and the fish came up to eat right out of our hands (fish food provided by tour)

The wreck was in about 20 feet of water and it was difficult to go very deep, but could plainly see the parts of the ship. A steel cargo ship that began taking on water and split apart when it's cargo of rice expanded.

Scuba tour passed underneath us as we snorkeled. I'm sure things have changed in 5 years, but like I said, we enjoyed this activity very much

We will be on NCL Jewel on 1/22 -- Roatan, GC, and Ocho Rios-- but we will be snorkeling in Roatan this time.

Hope this helps some.....

Archived