Price jumps $200pp if I select a stateroom

JDinWA

We just scored, we booked a guaranteed inside, the only option for an inside at the time.  Getting closer to sailing, price went up.  I still kept looking.  It's been sold out, but now after final payment by a few weeks, it is showing available. The price is showing the same for an outside without an obstruction as the inside and it's the same price we paid.  So I called and asked if they could do anything, they gave me a nice outside cabin with a number not a guaranteed, we even got to pick it from several choices.  Wow, I say "Thank You Holland America" that was nice!  We did not pay anything extra at all.

Edited by sunnygidget

Looking at our booked Alaska cruise next summer on the Noordam in a SS cabin, if I go online the default for a Signature Suite is on deck 8 which is under the Lido deck and can be very noisy early mornings when the deck chairs and other equipment get moved around. We did this deck once and never will again. These are mostly  SY and SZ the lower cost SS cabins. Our Signature Suite SS is one the 6th deck and the HAL website shows the price $100pp higher than those on Deck 8.