What are the extra costs?

coprgeorge

I am looking into a cruise (June 2020) on the  Encore. Since the Encore is not sailing yet, I have been reading Escape reviews to get some information. Several reviews have mentioned having to pay for extras like shows, food and such. I have only previously sailed on Carnival and have never experienced this type of activity. What are people talking about? Also, do you have to reserve show times? What about things like go carts, laser tag, etc - Do these things have to be reserved?

Like mega ships on any cruise line, you will need to reserve the two main shows in the theater online. And comedy shows once onboard.

Daily Service Charge is billed to your room if not paid in advance. Other than that, you can sail without any additional charges. Meals in the Main Dining Rooms, Buffet, and The Local are free. Entertainment in the main theater, comedy clubs, bars, deck parties are free. 

The cruise line would be more than happy to accept your money for additional-fee services, but it is TOTALLY UNNECESSARY. You can elect to go to a specialty dining restaurant and pay for dinner (not necessary). You can pay for bar drinks (not necessary). You can pay for special dinner shows (tbd) (not necessary). 

Enjoy your cruise on the brand new Encore!

• Like 1