Help - San Juan Excursions

Horned Frogs

My wife and I will be cruising into San Juan in 4 weeks on Princess.   Was hoping to take a tour to see the rain forest and either 1 of the forts.  Princess has a tour calling it "P.R. Best" but only had 20 spots and it is sold out  (best excursion for 1500 passengers, and you only do 20).  Curious of options if there are excursions that can be purchased at the port or can we get a private excursion for just me and wife, like we did in Honduras.  Who would you recommend?

There will definitely be more than 20 spaces -- ignore the number showing in the online excursion listing -- usually there's at least 3 or 4 busloads for each excursion and often more -- however, if it's showing as sold out, then you may be out of luck.

You may want to check with the excursion desk on the ship when you board....

The fort is very easy to do on your own.  The cruise ship docks within site of it and it's an easy walk.   I also highly recommend the segway tour that includes the fort along with some of the old town.  It was a great way of seeing everything without walking and included the fee to the fort.  Never been to the rain forest there so I can't say anything about that.