Distance between Columbus Cove and Adrenaline Beach?

onecruise

Hello,  we will be on HOTS Feb 17.  When we go to Labadee we will be getting a beach bungalow on Columbus Cove.  My son wants to do the all day pass on the coaster.  He's 11.  Would he be able to go back and forth between the beaches or is it quite a distance, and a parent should be with him?  Also, does a parent have to ride with him on the coaster?  The info just says a parent may ride with children 5-11.  Any info would be great.

4 hours ago, onecruise said:

Hello,  we will be on HOTS Feb 17.  When we go to Labadee we will be getting a beach bungalow on Columbus Cove.  My son wants to do the all day pass on the coaster.  He's 11.  Would he be able to go back and forth between the beaches or is it quite a distance, and a parent should be with him?  Also, does a parent have to ride with him on the coaster?  The info just says a parent may ride with children 5-11.  Any info would be great.

Under the Restrictions section for the coaster it says "Minimum Age 12 Years".  So, the 5 - 11 rule is if children want to ride with a parent, they can, however, I am pretty sure the rules will not let an 11-year-old ride alone.  With that being said, they are very chill at the coaster and I am willing to bet that if a parent shows up to do a ride or two (passengers are free, but you do have to get a passenger wristband) with an 11-year-old, they would let him ride alone after that - but that is speculation on my part.  I would not sent him alone at first.  The all-day pass is the greatest thing ever on Labadee and if your son is a thrill-seeker, it is possible you will not see him at all that day, it can be that much fun.

I also realize that was not your question.  So.... back to your question.  It is about 1/3 of a mile between the bungalows and the coaster.  The normal path takes you through Artisan's Village which has some VERY aggressive vendors.  I would think twice about sending an 11-year-old down that gauntlet alone.  It is not a safety issue at all, but he may not feel comfortable.   There is an alternate path under that water slide and via Nellie's beach that would bypass the Artisan's Village that I would recommend if he is going solo.

Hope that helps.