Premium Wifi: Glory Vs Freedom?

redheadfred78

After a truly amazing NYE cruise on the Freedom, we just booked our next NYE cruise on the Glory. My only gripe about the Freedom was that the "Premium" wifi we paid for was absolutely useless. I spent the money on Premium because we were leaving our three pets with a new dogsitter in our home, one of which just developed an ear infection HOURS before we left, so I needed to be reachable. But no matter what part of the ship we were in, my wifi barely ever worked. And we also paid for the devices to have the Chat feature on Carnival Hub app, and it was almost NEVER working. Very frustrating when you're a big family trying to stay in touch with your kids.

My question is - does anyone know if the Wifi on the Glory is any better? Or should we just not expect to have any real wifi on a cruise? I thought paying $120 for the Premium service, plus another $30 in Hub app chat fees, would keep me from being frustrated by a lack of access, but it was the opposite. Thoughts?

• 5 weeks later...

So how was the Premium WiFi on the Glory?

Will be on it in June, 2019 and wondering if they already have the upgraded internet or will get it by that time? 

I just got off the Caribbean Princess which has MedallionNet and that was amazing. Perfect coverage everywhere and speeds as fast as my internet at home.