Dinning Experience

PineappleVacation

There have been conflicting reports on here where some did manage to switch out the restaurants and others couldn't (this is typical MSC - it's impossible to state anything for a fact on here as the goalposts are constantly moved).  YMMV applies in a lot of instances.

That being said, if you can't switch them out, I believe that Ocean Cay doesn't only serve seafood, so there may be something on the menu that you might like.  Check it out first, then speak with someone in Guest Services if it doesn't appeal.

I would love to book the Tryptic package for our Meraviglia sailing and go to Butcher's Cut (which we've enjoyed on 2 different ships) a couple of times instead of either Kaito sushi or Eataly on Meraviglia, but have similar concerns that I wouldn't be allowed substitute restaurants.

Hi Pineapple, we were on the Seaview in November/December and had the trio package.

We too were not big fans of Seafood but we could not swap out Ocean Cay.  

With the Trio you get a fixed set of choices in each restaurant and in Ocean Cay (during our sailing) there was only seafood on the menu for the Trio choices.

You try to talk nicely to them and see, we did but obviously not nice enough as the answer was still  NO.

Hope that helps.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
On 2/7/2019 at 12:23 PM, cruiser man 60 said:

Are there any links to the menus for the dining packages at specialty restaurants such as Kaito Sushi, Butchers Cut etc?

I have seen some on Youtube and some on here