Single Cruisers, How much do you tip your cabin Steward?

Rdabadie

Single (ie no share, cabin on my own) cruiser here. I usually tip my Cabin Steward 50% more if I'm in a cabin alone. I figure there's still one bathroom to clean and the rug needing vacuming isn't 1/2 the size cause I'm alone, but the room must be quicker to do with only one person's worth of stuff around and one bed to make.

Do other single cruisers tip a little more?

Rob

Regal Empress 7/97, Nordic Empress 10/97, Sensation 11/98, Paradise 11/99, Ecstasy 11/00, Norway 5/01, Triumph 11/01, Explorer of the Seas 9/02, Paradise 5/03, Victory 4/04

I always tip more but less than double unless I get really great service then I'll tip double.

Atom.gif

Next Cruise! Miracle 2/13/05

Triumph, Inspiration, Holiday, Explorer of the Seas, Granduer of the Seas, Glory Hounds I, Conquestadors

I don't tip double...hmmmm, but then maybe I do?

Every morning before leaving the cabin, I leave a $1 bill on a post-it with his name on it - stuck to the mirror. Then I give him an extra $10 before debarking.

So for a five-day cruise, yeah, that would be $2.50 short of double.

Oh, and I also take a nice 'goodie bag' for the cabin steward. So I guess, all in all, he makes out pretty well from a SOLO cruiser. icon_smile.gif

Festivale 1987

Carnivale 1988

Mardi Gras 1989

Pacific Princess 1990

Norway 1994

Holiday 2001

Holiday 2002

Holiday 2003

[This message was edited by Cotton on 04-09-04 at 11:16 AM.]

• 1 year later...

I clicked on this post to reply, then I realized I already did - TWO years ago!:D

Since 'way back then, things have changed. We have found that the cabin stewards do NOT want goodies from us....they want nothing but cold hard CASH! A lot of folks took little things for the stewards, but they have let us know that their living quarters are very small, shared by two, and they have absolutely no space to keep things.

So, just hand them CASH at the end of the cruise if you want to do something extra, over and above your automatic tips. They will be very appreciative.:)

• 1 month later...

If I get really good service, I tip double at the end. While its still less to clean up, if two to three more people were in the room they would receive more.

Only once have I had a room stewart was below par.

I ALWAYS GIVE THE STEWARD AFEW DOLLARS EXTRA.I ALSO GIVE HIS///OR HER helpers money,,,,,So they STEWARD does not have to shares his money with they....

Did you all know that the STEWARDs hires helpers to help clean the cabins????

The helpers(house keeping) are the ones you see out in the hallways or stairs running the vaccum and cleaning the hand rails..........ECT::::

Archived