Suez Canal Transit: Port or Starboard

cruise101

3 hours ago, cruise101 said:

We are considering a Suez Canal (Abu Dhabi to Rome) cruise and would like to receive suggestions as to whether we should select a cabin on the port side or starboard. Thanks for your assistance.

For the most part there is more to see on the port side if you are travelling from Abu Dhabi to Rome.  The starboard side is for the most part just desert however, when I did a similar itinerary I seem to remember spending quite a bit of time either in the forward observation lounge or out on the open decks for taking photographs...

Anne

Edited by Jayayeff

As Anne says, there is not much to see on the starboard side.  On the port side you will get to see lots of towns and the southbound convoy of ships when it passes. 

We did a southbound Suez transit several years ago.  We had to enter the convoy at about 2 a.m. so we missed a lot in the darkness of night.  When morning came, we had a couple of hours of dense fog.  When the fog lifted, we really enjoyed the trip. 

On ‎3‎/‎3‎/‎2019 at 7:47 AM, BobGardiner1967 said:

Im doing this cruise in April 16, Abu Dhabi - Rome.What are the temperatures like?

Difficult to say.  When I did that itinerary it was mid May and it was very hot throughout 35-40C most days but April should be a little less that than however, it will still be in the 30'sC...

Anne..