RSVP Alaska 14-21 July 2019

ConradMZ

No one has started a roll call on this yet? Well, then I will. Anyone else going on this cruise? There must be some, because a few of the cabin categories are booked out, though there still seems to be a fair bit of availability. This will be my third time on this cruise. Did 2009 and 2013 as well.

• 2 months later...

Just found out friends of mine from St. Louis will be on here as well. Unfortunately, I forgot my cabin number, but I suppose when they send more detailed information, that will be included. Not a lot of chit-chat on here about this cruise so far.

We were thinking of a helicopter or airplane glacier tour but the recent tour plane crash from a Princess cruise scared us off.

If anyone has recommendations we would be interested.  

I find it interesting that every port that this cruise docks has legal recreational marijuana.  I'm sure you can't smoke anything on board but there are probably edibles available at the ports.   RSVP doesn't offer drink packages and liquor is confiscated if brought aboard.  Edibles would be easy to carry in your pockets though (not that I would do that of course).

I think we still are doing float plane to Misty Fijords - though the accident did concerting me.  Doing at whale watching/Mendehal Glacier boat also. Haven't thought about the edible possibility...

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Greetings all, my partner and I are contemplating this cruise, haven’t done an RSVP cruise for many years, and the last one was an Alaska cruise on Celebrity Infinity....loved that ship....this would be our third time cruising up there....so beautiful and I love all the ports, and the Hubbard glacier is awesome!  It’s not confirmed yet but should be in the next few days and I will touch back and connect....and hes, by looking at the availability of cabins it looks like a pretty empty ship, not sure if that is good or bad for us passengers?  Anyway, ciao for now.....

• 2 weeks later...

So we are now booked on this cruise.....very excited....seems like more online activity on the FB site for this cruise....but thought I’d touch base here.  Look forward to meeting you all!

Brian 

In my experience the best entertainment are people like Miss Richfield 1981.  She is hilarious but seems to attend every Gay Pride parade in America.  The San Diego Gay Pride is the weekend that this cruise sails but I hope she makes it.  Her drag queen bingo is the funniest I've ever seen.

The 'headline' entertainment is mostly disappointing.  However, Rich (the owner of RSVP and Atlantis) also has developed a gay acrobatic Cirque du Soleil show which is of stellar quality.  It features mostly nude or fully nude acrobats flying over your head dressed only in fluorescent paint.  That show alone is worth the extra cost of an RSVP cruise.  If you bought tickets in Las Vegas for it you would pay hundreds of dollars.  I hope that the gay acrobatic show is on this cruise.  

Rich also springs for top DJs for the numerous parties.  I'm not a big party person but it is fun to wear a costume and see how other people dress for the parties.

There will be drug use but it is easy to avoid that crowd.  Atlantis is quite a bit more decadent and I prefer RSVP.