total per cabins

BrownEyesTampa

This varies. Some cabins hold 2, some 3, some 4 and on some ships you can even have 5.

As long as one adult is booked in the cabin they don't care if the remaining people are adults or children.

The very first cruise I went on was on the Imagination back in 1999 and there were 5 (yes, count them, 5) adults in our cabin, and I DON'T recommend it at all LOL. I say adults but there were 4 teenagers and my mom but all the teenagers were either 16, 17 or 18 years old so we were grown! It was terrible. We had 2 "bunk" type beds and you couldn't even use both the ladders at the same time because they would cross in the middle of the floor! One of us had to sleep in a cot that was partly shoved underneath the little desk that is beside the closet (those of you who have sailed with Carnival before know what I'm talking about). I had one of the top bunks and I had to step on the very back bed, then step on the windowsill and then up into my bed since we couldtn't use both ladders. We also had to make a "bathroom" schedule so we would know when we were free to get ready.

I was 18 at the time and my friend April was with me and then my little brother (who was 16) and his friend were there and it was terrible. Teenage boys just plain stink! We had to buy Lysol at one of the ports because our room smelled like stinky feet. LOL I swore right then that I would never have more than 3 people in a room at a time. 2 years ago we sailed with 3 in our cabin and it seemed crowded to me, I'd much rather it be just DH and I. Maybe a child would be different than having another adult in there.

The older fantasy class ships will accomadate 5 in a cabin. Newer ships like the Spirit call and Conquest class will only hold 4 people.

Yes....the Fantasy Class as well as the Triumph, Victory and Destiny. Once you start looking at Spirit Class ships and Conquest Class ships the option of having a roll away at all is not allowed therefore you can only book the # of people in a cabin that it is actually set up to sleep with the beds and either with the convertable couch and/or the pull down bunk.

You know how small those rooms are too, I swear, if I was the room steward that week I think I'd have just skipped that room and gave my tip back!! It was really terrible LOL.

It was even worse for my friend, she was an only child and not used to those stinky boys! We even contemplated throwing their shoes overboard, they had the oldest most disgusting sandals they owned with them LOL.

In June '05 we had myself, DW, DS9, DS8 and DS4 (Five total) in room 1065 on Victory and had plenty of room. We booked 1065 (Same layout and size as Victory) and 1067 for our cruise in April on Liberty but would have preferred to book all five in one room or in one suite but that option isn't available.

The 'rollaway' on Victory was simply a mattress that slides under the bed during the day and out at night.

We had no problem booking our three underage sons by themselves either. We plan to have the balcony divider opened so it will be like a two room suite. ;)

Our son's room is actually a four person room and we were advised we could add a fourth person, at the booking rate in place at the time we booked, at any time. They also stated that it was possible, though not likely, that my sons would get a different room assignment based on three people in a four person room. They stated the reason it was unlikely is because they have to be adjacent to us regardless due to their age and they can only be bumped to an equal or higher category and 8E is the highest category for balcony rooms. :)

Archived