Stingrays and turtle farm - is this doable?

NebraskaSatellite

We just booked on the Carnival Vista for the July 27 cruise and are starting to look at excursions.  The Vista arrives at 7 and departs at 3.  My daughter wants to do both Stingray City and the turtle farm.  I think we could do this one of two ways:

1) Go to the turtle farm early by bus, then take a bus to Captain Marvin's for their 11:15 Stingray City excursion, then return to port.

2) Take Captain Marvin's 8:30 excursion, then hop the bus to the turtle farm, then back to the ship by bus

One thing I worry about is having full buses.  Does this happen often?  There will be 4 ships in port with about 12,000 passengers on the day we'll be there.  This makes option 2 more attractive, as there will be more or less dedicated transport back to the cruise port.  

There is a Carnival excursion that will do both, but the reviews indicated the time at the turtle farm can be pretty short.  

We did the Carnival excursion including these two stops in January. We had about two hours at the turtle farm. That was long enough for the quick (15 min) tour, some wandering around the site, lunch/snack at the bar/restaurant and some shopping before waiting for the return bus. If we wanted to swim in the lagoon with the turtles, we could have skipped the meal, but it had been a long time since breakfast. You may want to carry along some snack if you do both.

Obviously you could do this on your own, but I would expect trying to coordinate bus or texi rides may cut into your time. Also, keep in mind that Carnival excursions get priority getting off the ship, so you may have a wait longer for the tender if you book your own.