Getting to/from Montjuic Castle (Fort) DIY

douggw

I've searched the boards, but most of what I find is several years old, but from what I can tell, there are various ways to get to /from the Port to the Montjuic Castle (Fort).  Can anyone confirm/deny these options?  Looking at maps, the fort is not that far from the port.

1. Take the cable car from the port directly to the bottom of the mountain, (16 RT), and then either walk to the fort (20 mins) or take another cable car (15 RT) or the #150 bus.  Total cost about 33.

2. Take the cruise bus to La Rambla (4 RT), Metro to Parall.el stop, train up part of the mountain (included in Metro ticket), and same options as #1 - walk, cable car, bus (included in Metro ticket)  Total cost about 8-12.

3. Take 150 bus from La Rambla all the way to the very top (cheap but time consuming  -  about 30 mins)  Total cost about 6-8.

4. Taxi all the way to the top - from what I can tell, should be about 20 each way.  Total cost about 40.

Does this seem accurate?

We plan on going to the castle in the morning and then Familia Sagrada at 2pm.  Should be doable, right? If we get an early start?  Other consideration is the cable cars don't start running until 10am.

Edited by douggw
added informatoin

It's accurate except cable car goes from old Port Vell (around Barcelonetta metro) which is across the water from cruise port. Bus 150 is good, at least for trip up the hill.