RCCL Kids Club Age Range Flexability?

lauren.williams1713

It all depends on how many kids are in the clubs, however it is usually easier to move kids down then up.  I would definitely ask but be prepared for the answer to possibly be no or let's try it for a day and go from there.  Good luck!

Is he diagnosed with a sensory processing disorder or another disability?  If so, I'd recommend emailing the special needs department ahead of time and sending them a copy of his IEP or section 504 plan, or an evaluation that shows his diagnosis.  

If you don't have a  formal diagnosis, your best bet is to go on the first day, wait until you are alone with the counselors and quietly and politely make your request.  As akcruz noted, it truly depends on how many children are in the cruise.  I was on a 10 day panama canal cruise with 9 children, and everyone was together in the kids clubs, and it was completely calm and easy for my 2 year old.  In the future, sailing during the school year, and sailing on longer/more exotic itineraries that don't appeal to most families  is probably your best shot at helping  a child with sensory issues stay in the kids club.  It is also generally easier to move down than up, but honestly no one can guarantee what will happen ahead of time (unless your child has a disability.  Then the special needs office can advocate for him and hopefully get your accommodation prior to sailing).  Best of luck to you.

Edited by kitkat343