Onboard Credit for Switching Sailings

SingBill

We booked a 3 day cruise and got $50 onboard credit. We are now looking at a 9-12 day med cruise. Does anyone know if the existing onboard credit would be increased to $200 if we switched?

Any information would be appreciated.

Assuming you are talking about an onboard credit for booking another cruise while onboard the ship, the answer would be yes as long as you keep the same booking number you got originally when booked onboard.

If the booking number changes the onboard credit is gone completely as far as I know.

Assuming you are talking about an onboard credit for booking another cruise while onboard the ship, the answer would be yes as long as you keep the same booking number you got originally when booked onboard.

If the booking number changes the onboard credit is gone completely as far as I know.

Thanks so much for responding. Yes we booked a 3 day cruise while on board and got the $50 credit. But we really want to do a med cruise so I'm happy to know that we just have to keep the same booking number.

Yes, you are eligible for the change, but sometimes it can be difficult to make happen. The on-board credit needs to be verified, and verified again before you sail.

Have a great trip!

Wendy

Sorry but I have more questions? Please be patient with me.

Do I verify with C&A? Is that who I request the change with? Should I request an email or something confirming that the onboard credit has been increased from $50 to $200?

Thanks

If you call RCCL customer service, they will tell you if the credit is still there. I agree with Wendy. Call and verify multiple times up to the sailing. The credit however doesn't get made to your shipboard account until a few days into the cruise so check with the purser's desk to be sure it was credited. They get some sort of notification. I think my last one the sailing was on a Sunday and it was applied on Tuesday.

I could be wrong but I thought the credit stayed the same - you can transfer it but it will remain $50 if you go to a longer cruise. It would only change if you had a $200 credit for a 12 day and then rebooked to a 3 day, in which case the credit would go from $200 to $50. In other words the credit can only go down, not up. Am I mistaken?

I had a book onboard credit for a 7 day and moved to a 10 day cruise. I called RCCL and requested an increase from $100 to $200. There was some initial hesitation by the rep pehaps because it was an out of the ordinary request but the credit increase was granted.

I just booked onboard for a 12 day cruise that I have no intention of taking so I could get the $200 when I transfer the booking to another 12 day cruise when the new schedule comes out. I asked about booking a 3 day and having the credit changed but was told only "down" not "up". Sure would rather have put out a much smaller deposit if I had known that this could be done.

From my experience the credit stayed the same..

I have that happened to me both ways

12 days switched to 5 days cruise I still have $200 OBC

7 days switched to 10 days cruise I still only have $100 OBC

I just changed my 4 night sailing on the Sovereign of the Seas in October to the 7 night sailing of the Legend of the Seas in November and I received the $100 shipboard credit instead of the $50 for the shorter cruise.

The trick is to keep your same booking number.

I have done this before with no problems at all.

Hope this helps.

hershey

Archived