Stockholm: Viking Excursion or Walking Tour of Old Town?

RockinJ

We are in Stockholm (Frihanem) from 8:00-4:00 pm on July 4.  I was looking at the ship excursions and 2 appealed to me.  On is 4 hrs and it visits 2 museums about Vikings.  The other takes us by bus around parts of Stockholm and then we have a walking tour of Old Town and Flika.  Has anyone been on either of these tours of similar tours?

Without a link to the excursions (or even the name of the cruise line and ship), I doubt anyone can give you much specific information.

I will say that getting around Stockholm via public transportation from Frihamnen is not difficult.  If you are willing to do a little research and ride city buses and ferries, you could probably do either of these tours on your own at your own pace and for less money.  For example, using the  bus and ferry, we got to Old Town for our 2-hour "Free Walking Tour" (tip the guide) and then took the ferry to Djurgarden for the Vasa Museum.  

Rick Steves' Guide to Northern European Ports had very useful information on exploring Stockholm on your own.  

AFAIK there is only one dedicated Viking museum in Stockholm (Vikingaliv), not sure what museum the other one is.
Possible it could be Historiska museet. " bus around parts of Stockholm " could be anything and by being on
a bus you would only see half of it anyway.

Anyway I agree with GradUT, do a little research and DIY. It's quite easy actually.