Tenders - wheelchair service from the 'waiting' area to the tender?

leenie77

Hi,

I can't recall from past Celebrity cruises, but is there an option to have wheelchair assistance from the area where we wait to be called for tenders to the actual tender location? I will be traveling with someone who is unable to walk fast and struggles with long distances so wheelchair assistance would be a great help. Otherwise they are fine getting on/off the tender, don't need a wheelchair around the ship, etc. 

Thanks!

Your traveling parter walks about as well as I do.  When I tender, I can get on the boat by myself and DH puts my fold up wheelchair out of people’s way.  Same way getting off.  We just wait until everyone else is off and then DH grabs the chair and we both leave the tender.  On the way back,  there are a sometimes a few steps to climb back onboard the ship.  Your concierge is a great source of info.  Ask him/her about tendering.

Thanks for your reply Carole2313.  My travel partner doesn't have a wheelchair, but is concerned about needing to try to quickly walk the length of the ship to get to the tender (and keep up with the crowd).  So I'm wondering if there is any assistance to get from point A to B onboard.  I will inquire onboard! 

3 minutes ago, leenie77 said:

Thanks for your reply Carole2313.  My travel partner doesn't have a wheelchair, but is concerned about needing to try to quickly walk the length of the ship to get to the tender (and keep up with the crowd).  So I'm wondering if there is any assistance to get from point A to B onboard.  I will inquire onboard! 

There really is no need to rush to the tender.   You can take your time and others will just walk past you if you are going a little slower.  If you think that you might need assistance I might recommend contacting special needs and arranging for a wheelchair.

4 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

There really is no need to rush to the tender.   You can take your time and others will just walk past you if you are going a little slower.  If you think that you might need assistance I might recommend contacting special needs and arranging for a wheelchair.

Thank you very much! 🙂