Anthem App/chat/check-in/OBC

Hi,

We leave Saturday and I have a few questions:

1. I want to avoid the rush at Bayonne and arrive when we can drop our stuff in our room and then eat after windjammer rush.  What time is good?

2.  I have downloaded the Royal IQ app and the Royal app.    Looks like the Royal one does not work on the Anthem so I must use the Royal IQ app.  I have dowloaded that and will have all the rest of the family download before we board.  Then as I understand we all go into airplane mode and switch to royal wifi and then can use the app?  Also, we can use imessage to text right?  Without buying internet?  

3. We have OBC for each of stateroom and have booked via at travel agent.  Can I see that in our cruise planner?  If yes, how?  If not, I have printed out an email with that in it.  Is that all I need to do?

Thank you!!

Arrive after 1:30pm to be sure that the staterooms are open.

iMessage may still work without buying VOOM, but that hole can be plugged at any time.

Travel agent OBC cannot usually be used pre-cruise.

Avoiding the “rush” and arriving after 1 pm when the rooms open might end up being mutually exclusive objectives.  When I sailed in Feb, I waited in a huge traffic jam of over an hour arriving between 1:30 and 2 pm.  I was just coming the 2 miles in a cab from the light rail station.  For past cruises I have always arrived between 10-10:30, gotten through security, done the quick iPad checkin and pretty much just walked right on the ship.  Consider boarding early, grabbing loungers in the Solarium, taking out lunch from the Solarium Bistro, and just chilling until the rooms open.  Never again will I be “ late “ for Anthem.

• Like 1

Ok right so I know i can't get into the room until after 1.  I usually do arrive around 10 to beat the rush which I really was trying to do the opposite and miss the rush this time.  So are you saying that  there is no way to miss the rush and wait?  I thought there was a main period of mayhem and then is slowed down?   Also, about the OBC.  I am not trying to use it before Saturday.  I want to be able to see it online but since I have a TA I am not sure that I can see it via RCCL online.  Just trying to figure that out.  I have had a issue before walking in with my OBC email and them being like oh well...that's nice but we don't see it in our system.... Don't feel like dealing with that.

59 minutes ago, andrew2346 said:

Ok right so I know i can't get into the room until after 1.  I usually do arrive around 10 to beat the rush which I really was trying to do the opposite and miss the rush this time.  So are you saying that  there is no way to miss the rush and wait?  I thought there was a main period of mayhem and then is slowed down?   Also, about the OBC.  I am not trying to use it before Saturday.  I want to be able to see it online but since I have a TA I am not sure that I can see it via RCCL online.  Just trying to figure that out.  I have had a issue before walking in with my OBC email and them being like oh well...that's nice but we don't see it in our system.... Don't feel like dealing with that.

You cannot see the travel agent's OBC on Royal's website.

If the travel agent's OBC does not show up by the end of day 2 on the cruise, then you need to contact the agent.  Guest Services won't help with that.