Seven Sisters Waterfall in Grenada

bakery

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I did this excursion two weeks ago! The trails were only opened to the bottom two waterfalls, but it was absolutely beautiful. Though the water was quite cold! :p I would definitely recommend it, the trip is well worth your time and money. And I was so exhausted by the end, I was somewhat relieved we couldn't hike any further in!! :D

I did this excursion two weeks ago! The trails were only opened to the bottom two waterfalls, but it was absolutely beautiful. Though the water was quite cold! :p I would definitely recommend it, the trip is well worth your time and money. And I was so exhausted by the end, I was somewhat relieved we couldn't hike any further in!! :D

AuntBea - were sneakers ok for the hike or did you need hiking boots.:)

Thanks In Advance

This is a fabulous destination. We really loved the falls and taking a nice little dip in the pool at the bottom. It was so lush and beautiful. It was a very muddy hike on a steep trail. Thankfully the trail entrance had hiking sticks for us. I would definitley recommend a good pair of shoes for this hike. It's a fairly rigourous hike, but not too long. Be prepared.

At the falls there were some locals who dove off the falls. It was impressive. Performing for the tourists is their livelihood so we gave them a little tip. This is very poor island so be generous. On our hike back to the trailhead we passed the cruise ship excursion group. There were so many people. We were glad we could enjoy it with just the four of us.

We didn't do the packed shore excursion through the cruise line, but paid a taxi to take the four of us there. Make sure you don't pay him until he picks you up for the return trip because it is a bit off the beaten path and there isn't a regular stream of taxis in the area. It's about a 25-minute taxi ride to the trail entrance. The best way to get a good price for a taxi is to walk past the first line of taxis and get a price from someone further back. It's usually cheaper. Make sure you arrange a price for a round trip! We heard a fellow passenger got a taxi to take them to the falls and then :) to a secluded beach for $35 total the whole day.

AuntBea - were sneakers ok for the hike or did you need hiking boots.:)

Thanks In Advance

As Yobro also says you do need sensible footwear as it can get muddy in places and parts are quite steep with some rocks to climb/step over. They provide walking sticks at the start of the hike ( they come from the Guava tree which is a very flexible tree so they have some give when you use them to aid your balance ).

Near the top of the hike by the farmsteads a little stream passes under the path, sometimes one of the men sits by the stream and on the way back he will clean any mud off your shoes and trousers for a small tip of some loose change.

During the hike you will get some fabulous views across and down the valley.

Have you booked a guide for this hike? or is this one of the options you are considering for your visit to Grenada

• 2 weeks later...

Thought I'd follow up with a response since I started the topic. We took this excursion with our daughters last week and it was a blast! Out of a group of about 20 people, maybe one or two wore hiking boots and the rest of us were in running shoes. Either option should be fine. Be prepared to get dirty -- the path on the way down was thick with mud and steep. (Only one of our party slipped, though.) The waterfall was beautiful and we had fun swimming at the base.

Keep in mind that it IS a rain forest. It poured the whole hike back! It was a lot of fun though, and I'd definitely recommend it to anyone looking for an active excursion.

• 2 weeks later...

This was alot of fun. It was a heck of a hike back up the trail. I think I sweated a 12 pack of beer out of my system. Whew! The tourists jumping off the top of the fall seemed to be a bit nervous when they got up there.

Archived