Sensation ? How is it?

echo

Decided to do Dec 18th Sensation cruise. Has anyone been on her lately? I've been on the Imagination and Inspiration, how is she compared? Thanks guys!

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take,

but by the moments that take our breath away.

We're looking for that info too. Found the ShipsTips page on Sensation at CruiseCLues' excellent site. They post all reviews, personal pages and photos of the Sensation (and just about every other ship) that they can find.

Try it here: http://cruiseclues.com/shipstips/sensation.htm

Mark

Star Princess - Sept 1990 - Alaska

Radiance of the Seas - Sept 2001 - Alaska

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=008080&cdt=2004;8;21;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Till we sail on the 8/21 Sensation!

Thanks Mark. I'll check it out. I'm alittle nervous about it, cause I planned a group trip and I always feel responsible if someone doesn't like it.

I know the feeling, as that's what my family does with me too.

From everything I've read, (and I've searched long and hard), while the Sensation doesn't have ice skating rinks or rock climbing walls, it's a nice ship that offers great value for the money combined with a fun experience. That's exactly what we were looking for.

Mark

Star Princess - Sept 1990 - Alaska

Radiance of the Seas - Sept 2001 - Alaska

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=008080&cdt=2004;8;21;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Till we sail on the 8/21 Sensation!

We did the Sensation last year. We had a good time and the crew was great. For us we learned that we prefer newer ships. We are now booked on the Miracle. If it is your 1st cruise, don't worry. If it isn't, dont worry either just be prepared that this is not a "Wow" kind of ship.

No longer cruiseless...donations still accepted! ;-)

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=00bfff&cdt=2005;2;20;16;0;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Last cruise

Sensation 2/17/03

Imlulu, No not my first cruise, I think this will be number 6. I already know its not gonna be as Wow as say the Glory ( my last ship), or the Mariner( my next ship), but as long as its clean, good food , clean , decent entertainment, clean, not too ran down and clean, I'll be fine. See a pattern here. LOL.

Mark, Have you been on the Sensation? I took a look at the website, it was really good. Thanks.

Our first cruise was on the sensation. We had the time of our lives. It was then a 7 night cruise to the Western Caribbean but we have always been found of the Sensation. Because it was an older ship, I think everyone tried harder to make your trip more pleasant and memorable. The food was great and the buffets were the best we ever had on any ship. They held them in the dining rooms and not on the lido deck where most of the other ships hold their buffets. The Grand Buffet was a sight to behold.

The only thing that we really remember is there were a lot of neon lights and paisley type carpet. The cabins were immaculate. We stayed on the Empress deck in an outside cabin but now we only book balconies. We had a great trip. She is still one of most favorite ships.

Darlene & Larry

Sensation 4/2001

Victory 12/2001

Spirit 12/10/2002

Zuiderdam 5/7/2003

Legend 12/7/2003

Pride 5/9/2004

Royal Caribbean - Radiance of the Seas - 10/24/04

Celebrity Constellation - 4/9/05

Echo, I will be on her next month - my first cruise. I will be writing a detailed review when I get back, if that helps any.

Anything in particular you want me to check-out while I'm there? I'll be making a list of things to look for, and to look out for!

Sensation 5/15/2004

We felt that it vibrated in the aft section of the ship. There were areas that smelled at different times throughout the cruise.It needed a good dose of Febreeze. It is very purple!!! icon_smile.gif

It was clean but did not sparkle. My dh says of the Sensation, "It is ready for a facelift." Meaning it needs freshening up.

I think it is a fun ship for a 5 day cruise and a great way to begin your cruise experience. Notice how I got the fun ship thing in there??? icon_smile.gif

No longer cruiseless...donations still accepted! ;-)

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=00bfff&cdt=2005;2;20;16;0;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Last cruise

Sensation 2/17/03

Went on Sensation last October.

Loved it. No smells, nice crew, good food. It all depends on what you are looking for. Older ship, but just fine for us. Neon is the clue it is older.

Wrote review. Try search and see if you can find it.

Definitely would sail Sensation again and have friend and her husband's first cruise booked for June. We like ships for different reasons and their character. They all have their drawing points, big or small, old or new.

Have fun!!

Robin

Fantasy/Disney Magic/RCI Sov. of Seas/Inspiration/ Tropicale/RCI Sov.of Seas/ Sensation/Celebration 10/04

Live well, laugh often, love much....

Went on her last May and as you can see we are sailing her again in a few days. We had a great time on the old gal. No funny smells, nice friendly crew and fantastic food. We are looking forward to our trip.

Stacy

gettingatan.gif

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&prgb=9933FF&cdt=2004;05;01;22;00;00&timezone=GMT-0400 Sensation!

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&prgb=9933FF&cdt=2004;07;11;22;00;00&timezone=GMT-0400 Pride!

http://community.webshots.com/user/anastasia3a

Carnivale/Celebration/Holiday/Celebration/Fascination/

Fascination/Ecstasy/Imagination/Triumph/Destiny/Pride/Sensation/Destiny/Sensation 5/04 Pride 7/04

Don't let it being an older ship scare you. The Sensation was wonderful!!! In my opinion the smaller ships like the Sensation make for a more intimate, relaxing experience. I never felt crowded on this ship. The Legend, although beautiful, held way too many people for my taste. The Sensation also has an equally wonderful staff. You won't be disappointed.

Here is my review from my 5 day western carribean on the Sensation:

My Sensation Cruise

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;10;02;17;0;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Until the Celebrity Century!!!

Carnival Legend 10/2003

Carnival Sensation 11/2002

Thanks to all of y'all. You made me feel better. I won't have a problem, but like I said I'm taking the whole family along. The neon Purple doesn't bother me. I went on the Inspirition and it was Neon purple and black. Hey I personaly like sensory overload.

The bird, yes I want to read a review. Mostly concerned with service issues. But I know one guy can get a great waiter or steward and the next guy gets one that stinks. Luck of the draw I guess. Let me know who the shows are, if you attend those tthings. Does anyone know what the dining times are. Are there 4 or 2 times on this ship?

1stime, I'll try and find your review.

My family and I were on the Sensation last week for Spring Break and absloutely loved it...I posted a reivew on the home page and they indcate that it will be posted "within several days" - whatever that means - I had a terrible time trying to post it on these boards - InfoPOOP - maybe because it was too long.

Anyway - you will love the ship - the crew is extra friendly, the food was great, it is very clean, everything works! The Deli should not be missed - fabulous! The "Partytime" Show is the best show I have seen on any cruise ship - ever! The Magician show is so funny because it is so LAME! This guy is a joke of a performer-it truly becomes a comedy act by mistake. JOrge the Cruise Director is funny - but uses every single joke Carnival has ever used. The Newlywed Game is HILARIOUS! The female Assistant Cruise Director will drive you crazy with her "put-on" "talk down to you" kind of voice. The Survivor Game was tough to survive around the pool with her incessant voice interupting your sea time. Kids loved Camp Carnival - they have two nice arcades. Prices in the ship shops are very good.

We have sailed on four Carnival Ships and the Sensation is our favorite! Will be happy to address any questions...Many Blessings to you cruise junkies!

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=00bfff&cdt=2004;4;03;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Sensational Cruise

Archived