Radiance - Which GS has the most private balcony?

maxxboy

Besides cabin 1600, which grand suite has the most private balcony? I'm guessing the "elevator side" is more private? Thanks in advance.

I say it is 1556 on the hump. No one can see in it.

The one next to the elevator has the larger balcony.

JMO

We are staying in 1050 (elevator side) on Radiance this summer. It does look a little more private on that side, because there are no hump balconies on that side of the ship (forward of the hump). Has anyone ever stayed in 1050? Is the location OK? Is the view blocked by the hump or the overhang, which looks quite large right about there. Any help would be appreciated!

Hi,

I've never cruised on Radiance before and have the same question as you. After a lot of research on this board, I received a picture, which is as they say, worth a thousand words. The info was given to me by "madforcruising" and I really appreciated it. I have included the link he put in with the picture from the concierge lounge; since I don't know how to "make this link work" you may have to copy and paste it or find the entry where he was answering my question. It was a post by me (wingcorider) on January 1, 2006 and the title is "How private are the balconies?"

He said the following:

"Your balcony is not completely private and parts of it can be seen from other places, however with three cabins down from the Concierge lounge your are quite safe.

The Concierge has no balcony but as it´s on the hump it bumps out a little and people siting in the lounge have quite a great view along the balconies of the ship. You can see the view on this pic:

http://community.webshots.com/photo/...57780404vngNBS

It´s from the Jewel but should be the same on the Radiance.

I´ve been in 1552 twice and 1554 once and never had a noise problem. Again it was on the Jewel."

I hope this helps. From what I understand from other people (and thanks and thanks and thanks for that input, people!) since there are fewer "hump" balconies on this deck, the privacy isn't as good as on say the 8th deck-on the hump. .....Also, in the research I've done, yes; the hump does obstruct your view from one end of the ship to the other.

The bottom line, from my research, is that Radiance is a beautiful ship but would have been more "useful" to most of us if she had been built without that "hump." But, if you're one of the lucky ones who gets that center hump, you're sure glad it is there!!

Wingcorider

p.s. And, thanks to "madforcruising" for allowing me to add his info to this post.

I stayed in Cabin 1050 and in the first Owner Suite on the port side right after the elevators and the GS with the big balcony (don't have the deck plan at hand and don't want to leave my cabin now - as I am currently on Radiance)

Cabin 1050 is a good choice although it is not totally private but as you can see on madforcruisin's photo the people from the concierge lounge can only see a small amount of your balcony.

If you really like privacy choose a GS as far forward as possible or on the starboard side.

There only the passengers in the GS 1555 and 1554 will have a forward facing view onto the other balconies.

Would not recommend GS 1060 to anyone who likes privacy because the guests in the next OS have the ability to see at least 50% of your balcony either from their balcony or hidden in their window corner of their cabin.

But if you look for a big balcony, which is, centrally located 1060 is a great cabin.

I do have a photo of 1060 but that's at home so if you want to see it you'll have to wait a couple of days.

If you have other questions I'm happy to answer them.

G.W.

I've had 1048 before..very private. The photo from the concierge lounge is on the Jewel, which is a bit different than Radiance. The Jewel concierge lounge bumps out further than Radiances. The original setup had an outside ledge that has a few potted plants on it. That kept the angle of the windows back, making it tough for anyone in the lounge to see you. On the Jewel they moved the glass all the way out to enlarge the lounge. This gives them a clear view of the port side on the Jewel..I learned the hard way when I booked 1052 on the Jewel and was always waving at the folks in the lounge:p

It looks like 1036 is going to be our choice since the grand suites are getting booked up. We had JS 1100 (WONDERFUL balcony) our last time on the Radiance, but GS 1600 is booked. The GS on the hump is also booked, so this appears to be the best choice. Thanks everyone for their input.

Archived