Alaska cancel and rebook month out

cruisingnewtoit

4 hours ago, cruisingnewtoit said:

I'm worried we will not be able to get a flight if we wait to book 45 days out and the costs will be high. I have to find out how the travel insurance will work with if we book the air fare 4 months out and then adding on the cruise fare.

Have you already purchased travel insurance?  If not, research the many options.  I got a much stronger policy than Celebrity offered through AIG, for a bit less money.  They just want to know the total covered.  You can get good estimates of your cost, and be liberal on the cruise cost, and there is some flexibility (depending on policy) on when you have to pay.  They also allow you to change the policy if your trip changes in cost.  Regarding the flights, if you aren't set on one particular cruise, there are always numerous options from a particular port with 2 or 3 days leeway.  You can possibly plan an interior trip or a Vancouver/Victoria side trip if the cruise date has to change.  Just some ideas to consider.

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, moneeman said:

Have you already purchased travel insurance?  If not, research the many options.  I got a much stronger policy than Celebrity offered through AIG, for a bit less money.  They just want to know the total covered.  You can get good estimates of your cost, and be liberal on the cruise cost, and there is some flexibility (depending on policy) on when you have to pay.  They also allow you to change the policy if your trip changes in cost.  Regarding the flights, if you aren't set on one particular cruise, there are always numerous options from a particular port with 2 or 3 days leeway.  You can possibly plan an interior trip or a Vancouver/Victoria side trip if the cruise date has to change.  Just some ideas to consider.

I usually go with Nationwide because they have cruise specific policies because of extra benefits. Ie you rec money if ports are cancelled or itinerary changes. 

I buy through insure my trip. I'll ask about AIG. 

Thanks for the info!