Middle Name at Online Check-In

I've only been on one other RCCL cruise and it was a while ago, so pardon what is probably a dumb, paranoid question.  While I don't have a middle name my wife does, and I noticed that her middle name doesn't appear anywhere on the booking for our September cruise on the Allure.  I called in to have this corrected, and the representative I spoke with said that middle name information is done at the time you do online check-in, that it wasn't necessary now, and he didn't even have a place to enter it now even if he wanted to.  He also said that what needs to match the travel documents is the first and last name - they wouldn't deny anyone boarding for not have a middle name on a booking that was on a passport.

The majority of my cruise experience is on Princess who was anal about names matching EXACTLY, including middle names, and took the info right at time of booking.  If I can just fill in her middle name at the time I do the online check-in I'm good with that, I just wanted to double check with the experienced RCCL folks here that what I was told was correct.  I've gotten bad information from phone reps before.  Thanks! 🙂

You will have the opportunity to enter the middle name during online check-in.

Also, Royal is just checking that the first and last name match for boarding purposes.  They may be asking for the middle name during online check-in for government reporting purposes.

5 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

You will have the opportunity to enter the middle name during online check-in.

Also, Royal is just checking that the first and last name match for boarding purposes.  They may be asking for the middle name during online check-in for government reporting purposes.

Great thanks! 🙂  Glad the rep gave me the correct info.