ShipWreck Beach Bar & Grill is still great!

kdawg954

Having been here in May 2018 and having a good day I knew once my tour with Royston wasn’t going to happen . . . .I was heading back to Shipwreck in May 2019.

Not gonna lie, these cab drivers will discourage you quickly.  They all recommended I go to Cockleshell Beach instead ($8 pp each way vs. $4 pp each way) and kept telling me about the sea urchins and not being very swimmable at Shipwreck.

I trusted my instincts and said “Nope take me to Shipwreck”.  

As soon as I got there it was the great mecca I remember . . . .maybe better.  Found 2 free lounge chairs up top right under a huge tree.  The water was a beautiful turquoise and the black sands were glistening.  Put my water shoes on and swam by the small reef for some quality snorkeling.  Enjoyed several Pirate’s Punch drink with the rum added and fresh cinnamon/nutmeg.  $5 only.

Its funny, the taxi drivers dont want to take you here . . . .yet they all show up here for lunch and even admitted the food here is better than any of the other beach clubs . . . And cheaper.  Highly recommend the non breaded wings.  Excellent flavor.

Hell even on the way back, after the driver finished eating, he was trying to sell me on going to Cockleshell.  He doesn’t realize with St. Thomas, St. Maarten and Barbados on my ship itinerary, its less about the white sand beaches and crystal blue water . . . .and more about the vibe.  Shipwreck has that.  Sure its a bit rustic but that is what makes it charming.

Just a great day with a great staff of people, good food and good drinks at good prices.  Highly recommend.

• Like 1