room 6442??

azrenne

My husband and I just booked this balcony cabin. I was told the balcony was 75sq and that the normal balcony size was 35sq. Has anyone stayed in this cabin or one like it? Anyone have pictures. We are booked on the Conquest.

Cunard

Norwegian Wind 3/01

Royal Caribbean Monarch Of The Seas 11/02

Star Princess 4/03

Sun Princess 2/04

Carnival Conquest 6/13/04

We are booked on the Glory (sister ship of the Conquest) in cabin 6473, same cabin but on the other side of the ship. The room is L-shaped with a queen bed instead of two twins put together. I found pictures on webshots by doing a search using Carnival Glory and also Carnival Conquest. We are really excited about this cabin! Larger balcony for the same price of an 8A. Our friends are booked in cabin 6481. We plan on having the divider removed and enjoy one, large balcony. Enjoy!

Michelle

Carnival Glory 8/21/04

Carnival Fascination 9/02

Carnival Imagination 6/01

Majesty of the Seas 12/00

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=800080&cdt=2004;8;21;16;0;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Glory - August 21, 2004 - Here we come!!

Michelle, thanks for the info. We are very excited to have a larger balcony.

Cunard

Norwegian Wind 3/01

Star Princess 4/03

Sun Princess 2/04

Hi, my hubby and I stayed in 6442 on the Conquest in Feb. The balcony is much longer than the regular ones which is why we took this room. My brother and our two teens stayed across the hall in 6446 so we needed a big enough balcony for them as well. Our room steward was so great he even managed to get us three extra chairs for the balcony. I would definitely book one of those L shaped rooms again.

The only wrong information I was given about the room was regarding the queen size bed. It was two twins that were made up as such when we arrived. We asked to have it made into a king which they did but you are still very aware of the crack between the beds. Was not a big deal but I was expecting a queen. Also found the bed very hard but maybe it's just me!

Have a great time, I'm so jealous!

Thanks Anastacia. Do you have any pictures of the room or balcony I could see? Was there a frig in the room? we are bring some wine and champange on board.

Cunard

Norwegian Wind 3/01

Star Princess 4/03

Sun Princess 2/04

Unfortunately I don't know what we were thinking but we didn't take any pics of the room or our balcony! We didn't really think about it until we got back from our cruise. There is a mini fridge in the room but we never opened it. I believe that if you ask, the steward will remove the contents for you. We didn't bother because our steward always had lots of ice in our bucket and our beer and wine was never warm. The steward also had no concern about any liquor that we had brought onboard ourselves just kept it iced down. Just remember that the large bottle of water that appears in your room is part of the mini fridge and you will be charged about $3.75 if you use it. Took us until Wednesday to notice these charges on our bill, I don't believe that there was anything on the bottle that warned of a charge because I'm very conscientious about these things. It just appeared to be a complimentary bottle of water. It's not a big deal but between our room and our kids, we spent about $25 on water so I was a bit ticked off.

One other thing, there is soooo much closet space, you will be pleasantly surprised. Enjoy!

Archived