ATV Excursions- Skagway/Kethcikan

aac1623

Hello,

We are going on our cruise in July on Princess and looking at the ATV excursion in Skagway- seeing if anyone has done it, is it worth the price?! There is also a similar but shorter one in Ketchikan but its the same price for 1/2 the time! 

Last Frontier ATV Adventure

SGY-515| SKAGWAY

Adventure Kart Expedition

KTN-510| KETCHIKAN

We just did the Skagway ATV tour last week.  It was a little more than just an ATV tour as it included a pretty nice ferry ride to/from the site (about 45m each way).

Was good, only downside was that it is very dusty as they haven't had much rain there.  Lot of mozzies too.

We both enjoyed it though.

We did a UTV excursion in Denali... booked through the cruise line.  Actually not the greatest, you could only go as fast as the vehicle in front of you.  We once did an ATV excursion in Aruba that was a blast! 

We did an excursion in Skagway that was a boat ride, small hike, paddled a 20 person canoe across another lake and up to the face of a glacier... got off and walked around.  It was my favorite excursion when we were in Alaska.

Not sure if you are also doing a land tour too but we just did another ATV tour last night at Fairbanks - Midnight Sun ATV tour.

That one was by far the best of the three I did in Alaska this trip, Skagway was 2nd with Denali 3rd.

Great machines to drive, plenty of power and a great track to go through.  By far the best that I have done this trip or any other.