Which tour?

Kate1

I've been checking out information about tour companies in Aruba and we think we'd like to tour the island, but my husband has back problems :( so we'll have to skip the jeeps. Both DePalm Tours and ABC tours do a bus toour. Which would you recommend?

We also noticed that DePalm has an all day tour to Caracas, Venezuela, but no prices listed. Has anyone ever done this tour? Would you recommend it? What was the price?

We'll be there in a month so it's time to make some decisions!:D

We did a DePalm tour, although it was booked through the cruise line. It was called Natural Wonders of Aruba. We went first to a utterfly farm, which was much more interesting than I would have guessed. From there, we went to an Aloe Factory and while it was interesting, the demonstration and tour took about 10 minutes and then we waited for 20 while folks shopped. The last stop was the natural bridge. It has falled down but the site is till really interesting and the pounding ocean there is beautiful.

Our tour guide was very annoying and kept making odd jokes. He took us off-course twice for a couple of "extras" that were really pointless. One detour was so we could see the home of the head of state from a very great distance. As in miles and miles. We were 30 min late returning to the ship.

That said, the tour was thorough worth it and the coach was very comfortable and was air conditioned.

Wow, I am surprised the Venezuela trip is even being offered. DePalm Tours had one that was fairly popular years back. I never heard anything good about it, just that is was a very long long tiring day. Even back then, US citizens were the targets of muggings. Definitely not a place to tour on your own. According to the US State Dept Consular Info Sheet, even the airport is not safe.

Guess, I'll stay away from that then. That brings me back to the smaller bus tours. We'd like to see a bit of the island and also hit the beach for awhile. I'm thinking the half day ABC tour in the morning and then going to the beach on our own might be the way to go. DePalm island sounds nice when I read some posts and horrible when I read others. How about Baby BEach? Can I get a cab and just go there on my own?

How many are you? We (4 of us) took a private tour with 2GO Aruba. Had a great day...he met us at the dock at 9am and we were back about 3pm and pretty well covered the island. He took us to places that the large tours don't go to as well as all the tourist highlights (baby beach etc). He was a wealth of information, comfortable van, had lunch etc.etc. We then had time to look around the shops and have a drink before getting back on the ship.

Pat

Hi...I cannot find the email address although I am sure if you look up 2GO tours Aruba you would find it. The guide we had was named Robert. Very easy going guy, knew the island well...was in fact from Holland. Some of the things we took in were The California Lighthouse, Alto Vista Chapel and Stations, Casibari Rock Formation, Gold smelter ruins at both Stone Piles and Balashi, Natural Bridge (one remaining!!), Baby Beach, all along the north shore, etc.etc. Nice air conditioned van.

We had a great day.

Pat d

we were in Aruba on 1/25 and took a nice tour w/ Raymond from Wix Tours. Just the four of us in a very comfortable van. Cost was $60 a person. Very comprehensive tour including the natural bridge area, the california lighthouse and much of the countryside. Was a thrill to see parrots in natural habitat.

Wix website is http://www.wixtours.com We were very pleased.

Archived