Embark & Debark times Fantasy

2VV

We are leaving on 2-5-06 on the Fantasy, Cape Canaveral, first cruise for six of us (3 Couples). We have most everything planned out, I learned alot from the board, thanks. If anyone has any experience with this ship I would appriciate a response.

Embark: What time do they allow guests to board. We have a 11:30 shuttle from the Radison to the port, is this early enough to beat the crowd? Are you allowed to take more than one carry on per person? I want to carry on my Laptop as well as two carry ons.

Debark: I have a 12:05 return flight from MCO. I know this is going to be tight but Delta is not much help scheduling a later time, I can of course for an arm and leg. I am thinking about double booking a one way return flight through Southwest, and if I do not use the southwest flight (2pm) they said I can have full credit, so I can use the credit in the future. What has been your experience with debark times. I have a transport van ready to swift us out of the port.

THanks

Kevin

Was on 1-15 cruise. we got there before 11 which beat the crowd. We were in first 50 to board and having lunch at 12. We were off ship at 8:05 but cruise before us came in more than an hour late. When you get upstairs at terminal wait by the sign that says Fun Pass if you have signed up for that, as most people waited in the seats rather than standing. Saw many with more than one carry on. Have fun, know you will !!!

I was on the 1/8 cruise.

In terms of carry-ons, I don't think the number is the issue but the size of each is what matters (there's that "size matters" argument again.) The reason is that the bags need to go through X-ray like an airport. In fact, I seem to remember them having that same "cage" like they do at the airports so you can test to see if your luggage would fit.

A rule of thumb would be if you could carry the bag on an airplane, you could carry it on the ship -- I would think as many as you want.

CTMak

Archived